Currently listening to .......

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
landsurfer

Re: Currently listening to .......

Post by landsurfer »

"With or Without You"
U2
From the days when the Edge had hair ...
Before "St Bono" became a cliche .
When they where a band
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

And suddenly... without warning ...
Hergest Ridge ....

Help me ........

lol
Be more Mike.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Hey and away we go..........
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Ommadawn :)
I luv his stuff.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

landsurfer wrote:White plastic transistor radio in a fake leather case, a single earphone listening to Caroline and a Scotch station .... can't remember what it was .... it may have been a pirate ....
Radio was about the plan size of a smart phone and twice as thick ..... PP9 batteries where gold dust then in Ulster

I think a PP3 would have fit better. :roll:

I did mean to say Radio Caroline in my post above, not Luxembourg...that was evenings only waiting for Horace Batchelor.

Slightly back on topic again, when we first moved to Pembrokeshire, radio reception was awful and the best option was to listen to RTE2.
I spent hours listening to the wonderful Dave Fanning and my favourite record from those days was "Rhythm Method" by Fountainhead.
A definite recommendation for you landsurfer.

fausto.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

The Mission ...... Butterfly on a Wheel .... And more ... !!!
Try Absolute 90's Radio .....
Be more Mike.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

fausto copy wrote: did mean to say Radio Caroline in my post above, not Luxembourg...that was evenings only waiting for Horace Batchelor.

Slightly back on topic again, when we first moved to Pembrokeshire, radio reception was awful and the best option was to listen to RTE2.
I spent hours listening to the wonderful Dave Fanning and my favourite record from those days was "Rhythm Method" by Fountainhead.
A definite recommendation for you landsurfer.

fausto.

And one for you fausto ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW8QH5_BM88

:D :lol: :D :lol:
Be more Mike.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

landsurfer wrote:The Mission ...... Butterfly on a Wheel .... And more ... !!!
Try Absolute 90's Radio .....

That bloke from the Mission kept ringing my daughter. Creepy... and Gordon Lightfoot too.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I Want A Forest - Editors. That Tom has a cracking voice.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

After adjusting the various bits on my record player out of storage, have been listening to some records not heard in a long time -

Musique Arabo-Andalouse ( Atrium Musicae de Madrid dir Gregorio Paniagua)

http://www.allmusic.com/album/al-andalus-musique-arabo-andalouse-mw0000682745
you can listen to samples there

"Originally recorded in 1976, this disc of Arab-Andalusian music was well ahead of its time in the varied sound palette with which the musicians re-created an old musical genre. It has been perennially popular, and it took decades before it appeared in Harmonia Mundi's budget Musique d'Abord line. The Arab music of medieval Spain went largely unnotated, but, like other contemporary performers who have taken up this repertory, the ensemble Atrium Musicae Madrid relied on North African oral traditions with direct historical links to the Spanish Golden Age."

I have the original non budget Harmonia Mundi LP
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Today's a special day to listen. My daughter's band released their first album for 22 years. It got 4 stars in the Guardian, 4 stars in The Times ( one more than Blondie! :lol: ) . I think it's a nice album but then I am biased. Tonight they are in Toronto, tomorrow in Montreal, then NYC for two nights, Washington, Carrboro, Atlanta, Santiago, San Paulo, Buenos Aires and Lima. The second largely sold out tour this year.

Look for Slowdive on Spotify and please buy the CD, Vinyl or download if you like it.

After being assassinated by NME and Melody Maker in the 90s, they are well and truly back! These days it's fans ( many who weren't even born first time around) that determine a bands fortune not crummy music journos!

Al
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

al_yrpal wrote:Today's a special day to listen. My daughter's band released their first album for 22 years. It got 4 stars in the Guardian, 4 stars in The Times ( one more than Blondie! :lol: ) . I think it's a nice album but then I am biased. Tonight they are in Toronto, tomorrow in Montreal, then NYC for two nights, Washington, Carrboro, Atlanta, Santiago, San Paulo, Buenos Aires and Lima. The second largely sold out tour this year.

Look for Slowdive on Spotify and please buy the CD, Vinyl or download if you like it.

After being assassinated by NME and Melody Maker in the 90s, they are well and truly back! These days it's fans ( many who weren't even born first time around) that determine a bands fortune not crummy music journos!

Al

Wish her well with the new album, I've just watched 'Sugar for the pill' on Youtube . I've a friend who's has been in the music industry since leaving education. He plays keyboards, trumpet, guitar and mandolin, he also has a good voice.
He composes and plays in 2 bands and takes on any work he can get. All in all he's multi talented but struggles to make a living.
He's now 27 and still gets some financial help from his parents. He said he will give it 2 more years and if things haven't improved then he'll get a 'proper' job.
There are many good artists out there but they never get that lucky break so remain unnoticed.
I think Simon Cowell has a lot to answer for, people with little or no talent can be made into 'stars'
Good luck to your daughter, just proves ignore the critics and do what you believe in.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Franco spot on. A band in their position works very hard and makes many sacrifices to do what they do. There is virtually no money in albums any more due to piracy it's appearances that determine the living you enjoy. There are lots of great singers and musicians around in Britain we still punch above our weight. Sugar for the Pill is not a typical or the best of Slowdive's catalogue.

Al
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Where The Streets Have No Name (Can't Take My Eyes Off You).

Another quiet night in with TFJ to a "Gay Electro Pop" soundtrack ......

Any minute now it will be "Go West" ..... :lol:
Be more Mike.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

One (Always Hardcore).
Scooter...........
Be more Mike.