Currently listening to .......

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bonefishblues

Re: Currently listening to .......

Post by Bonefishblues »

Shawn Colvin, SC & Mary Chapin Carpenter and Nannci Griffith tonight
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Union Station, the Yea Yea Yea's, Seth Lakeman, Beethoven and the Dubliners. Scitzophrenic medely courtesy of my iPod :D

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Now that was a band, Beethoven and the Dubliners. :mrgreen:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Have not listened to radio 1 (bbc) for a few years, the target audi-ence is aged 15-24

r1 will celebrate 50 years soon with some old favourites, who was the man who made the top 30 sound like a matter of life and death?

hope Andy Kershaw will be brought back too, +1! and Ray Gosling, I do remember his programme about Goole, *one of the most interesting places in the north (?) of England*. There must be a hundred places that fit that description
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

The great Alan (Fluff) Freeman was surely the man who lit up the charts, pop-pickers.

I don't remember Ray Gosling on Radio 1 but think he was a reporter with Granada TV when we lived up north back in the 60's and 70's.
Is the BBC News presenter Joanne Gosling a relative, as I've always thought they'd got the same mouth shape. :roll:

Wasn't Bill Grundy on then too, and what about Mike Embley, who's now on BBC News in the early hours of the morning; I'm sure he looks familiar.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Apparently they are having difficulties finding new DJs for BBC R1?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

I've just read they've signed Tony Blackburn up again.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

fausto copy wrote:I've just read they've signed Tony Blackburn up again.

He was the first Radio One DJ so just bringing him back for the 50th anniversary.
Tony now does "Sounds of the Sixties" (Radio 2) on a Saturday morning. 06.00-08.00. Took over from the late Brian Matthew.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

So, they'll be playing "Flowers in the rain" again. :roll:
pwa

Post by pwa »

Lots in Radio 1 history worth forgetting. I think you know what I mean.
Si

Post by Si »

Tengger Cavalry - Mongolian folk-metal throat singing.....it's actually rather good if you like that sort of thing....but isn't everything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icPhDK3 ... AEkL8Vhavy
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

The Enchanting Voice of Bulgaria - Galina Durmushliyska

Arc Music

https://arcmusic.officialstore.co.uk/Shop/PhysicalDetails?pid=ARC_PH_610

A bit of a shock to hear a nicely mastered cd given the sacherine sweetness flattening of much mainstream pop stuff ( frigthened to let strong singers let go so they push them into the back of the mix when they do ) . Very talented backing musicians. Clearly some non-deaf engineers who dont have ego problems that they have to leave their imprint on their work, still around Sounds almost analogue
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

Cyril Haearn wrote:r1 will celebrate 50 years soon with some old favourites, who was the man who made the top 30 sound like a matter of life and death?

hope Andy Kershaw will be brought back too, +1! and Ray Gosling, I do remember his programme about Goole, *one of the most interesting places in the north (?) of England*. There must be a hundred places that fit that description

Optomistic for 50% Mr Gosling died a few years ago. Semingly signed to the Stiff record label :wink: . Andy kershaw has had a mixed recent past( restraining orders, suspended sentence etc ) but seems to appear on the one show now and again.

Strange how R1 did not feel for the young when I listened to the radio one roadshows, smiley miley all of that. It seemed to have an audience age range more like that of R2 but perhaps thats just me getting older.
pwa

Post by pwa »

I caught half a story on Radio 4 this morning about a local radio station that has had its broadcasts illegally interrupted by Ivor Biggun songs! Made me laugh.
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

pwa wrote:Ivor Biggun songs!

Good lord thats taking me back to 6th form. Ivor biggun and the red nosed burglars I think. We used to play the "w**kers" song..... not gary lineker crisps if inserting missing letters. Ivor biggun otherwise known to many as doc cox on thats life.

I think pete and dud did some lewd tunes with "derek and clive" if memory serves me right.