Trump Wins!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
syklist

Re: Trump Wins!

Post by syklist »

Vorpal wrote:
kwackers wrote:In order to get the right political perspective I mix several different cereals together each morning for my breakfast and the proportions constantly change.
If only others were as conscientious in their cereal habits as me the world would be a much better place. :wink:

:lol: :lol: So what does porridge make me, then? :wink:

Monotheistic?

Vorpal wrote:p.s. there is no need to answer that.

Ah, you didn't state at the top of your post that people should read the whole post before answering... :D
So long and thanks for all the fish...
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

One development I'm wondering about is rumps phone call with the Taiwan President. Did he do it because he is changing US policy (which would seem a bit strange given how he does not seem very aware of or have any international policies - he's far more inward looking) or was it just total ineptitude ?

He's not made any announcements about changes of policy over China and with US relations with Taiwan so one wonders if he is really aware of what he is doing ?

Ian
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

The next leader of the US spoke to the leader of a free, democratic country which is under threat from a near neighbour! Dreadful scandal ensues.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Some brilliant images of Trump http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alison-jackson-donald-trump-spoof-photos-sued-litigation-self-publishes-a7465041.html. And given how easily some forum participants seem to be offended, it is an independent report open to anybody of any age though will undoubtedly offend some of the "more sensitive" contributors here.

And Trump (or his team) are threatening to sue over the images!

Ian
meic

Post by meic »

I cant wait until they appear on line and in papers of Daily Mail quality (though not persuasion) as genuine photographs of Trump.
Yma o Hyd
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

It gets worse. Now it appears that Russia was behind it all:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ion-report
I await with dismay the news that Harump has appointed Julian Assange as his National Security Advisor. Or maybe as new head of CIA?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
meic

Post by meic »

“We are committed to ensuring the integrity of our elections.”

Does letting the electorate get to know some of the facts about their politicians harm the integrity of their elections?
Yma o Hyd
meic

Post by meic »

Now it appears that Russia was behind it all:
They always claimed that Russia was behind it all.
The thing that has changed is now they admit that Russia didnt make the whole thing up and that the emails were real emails hacked by them.

Here is a fake news* item from a reputable source about stories invented by Russians and their "agents" who spread the stories for them.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 73432d7ab4

*As in it is a fake story about fake stories.
Yma o Hyd