"You can't go to heaven....."

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
661-Pete

"You can't go to heaven....."

Post by 661-Pete »

"....in a baked beanz tin / 'cos a baked beanz tin's / got baked beanz in....."

Yep I remember the old song: and now, so it appears, you can't beat out a rap on a baked beans tin either. It's been banned. (Or more specifically, the advert has).

Anyone else who spent a happy childhood making a telephone out of two tins and a piece of string, stand up and be counted now! :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
SpannerGeek

Re: "You can't go to heaven....."

Post by SpannerGeek »

We couldn't afford the Heinz variety but I do remember getting exactly the same glee as other kids with two Safeway own brand yellow label tins!

Happy days. :lol:

Beans are beans though. It was other kids with Um Bongo - they make it in the Congo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYj5o4kQsXs&sns=em
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

<thinly disguised swearing>

WARNING: "Walking" involves a forward loss of equilibrium that will be arrested only if the "walker" repositions his and/or her foot quickly enough to avoid falling, with potentially fatal consequences. The ASA has determined that advertisers should be strongly discouraged from showing this activity in case children should imitate it.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

What next? :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Gawd help us if those self-same kids ever get it into their heads to sit astride any sort of two-wheeled contraption. Tip it either way sideways, and it falls to the ground. Compulsory stabilisers for everyone - NOW!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Abradable Chin

Post by Abradable Chin »

I have fallen over from clipping my own feet when walking on the flat; this is why I think there is such a thing as a plain accident.
In my workplace, there is an attitude that there is no such thing as an accident, only a failure of process or a human failing to follow process, which leads to a lot of process.
I also stumble rather frequently when I think there is another step, but there isn't, so I stumble over something that isn't there. At work, we have "Take care" posters in the stairwells...probably aimed at people like me. I stumbled in turning my head to look at it whilst walking down stairs. Our attitude to accidents and death is very biased, in my view.
meic

Post by meic »

Gawd help us if those self-same kids ever get it into their heads to sit astride any sort of two-wheeled contraption. Tip it either way sideways, and it falls to the ground. Compulsory stabilisers for everyone - NOW!
They will skip that and go straight from "not trusted with an empty tin can" to driving a ton of metal past people at 60mph with a foot's clearance.
Yma o Hyd
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

The nine complainants were all working for Heinz's marketing department.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

bovlomov wrote:The nine complainants were all working for Heinz's marketing department.

Many a true word...
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

It occurs to me, that a tin of beans should carry all sorts of health warnings.
Like this one.