My phone has been washed!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
philvantwo

Re: My phone has been washed!

Post by philvantwo »

Park and ride? Or ring and ride!! :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I parked up, and went to the bus, and was asked for £1.40 to the the city centre.
I have a bus pass, but I was a Twerly ................. too early, as it was just after 9am and a bus pass isn't valid until 9:30 :lol:
I may as well have driven into the city and put £2.50 into a parking machine.

I walked back to the car for a short while and listened to the radio .......... then went for a "call of nature" and waited ten minutes and took the next bus for free. Why pay for a bus, when you can wait 30mins and go for free? :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
john4703

Post by john4703 »

I had a phone ruined by using it in heavy rain so I bought a Samsung S7 which is advertised as being fully waterproof. So far no problems.
I so wonder if Samsung can waterproof a phone why all other manufacturers can't do so,
Don't let them win but keep up the struggle and wear them all down by our persistence.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

The issue with my phones were that they went into a washing machine. This is with Lidl tabs detergent for a good wash, then a good rinse, plus a 1100rpm spin. :shock:

Dropping a phone into a puddle or even getting it wet in the rain, isn't the same thing at all.
Third time lucky for me. That is, I won't be doing for a third time. :lol: :lol:

I wonder if you can buy a waterproof pouch(?) to put any or all phones into?
Tupperware maybe.
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Or one of those 'no mobiles allowed' signs on the front of your washing machine!!
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

john4703 wrote:I had a phone ruined by using it in heavy rain so I bought a Samsung S7 which is advertised as being fully waterproof. So far no problems.
I so wonder if Samsung can waterproof a phone why all other manufacturers can't do so,

There are a couple of other waterproof phones out there. It's possible, but people sometimes open the up to remove the battery, replace the sim card, add memory, etc. And the stuff that mobiles are exposed to all the time, dirt, pocket fluff, food, are not good for seals. Other waterproof items, people clean and are carefull with the seals. Not mobiles.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom