Are you a vegan?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Ben@Forest

Re: Are you a vegan?

Post by Ben@Forest »

Vorpal wrote:
Ben@Forest wrote:Cameron was frequently the butt of jokes or criticism for his clothing AND his weight. Over the years there were jokes mainly about his holiday attire - swimming trunks, polo shirts, even (I seem to remember) wearing the wrong loafers with shorts.

I must have missed that. :shock:

Well (without any prejudice!!) you are in Norway and probably not getting the full round of what being said on TV, radio and the written press. Cameron was once described (I think on HIGNFY) as Mr Blobby and I just thought, they say it about him, and they'd say it about Eric Pickles and John Prescott but I have never heard Diane Abbott so described on mainstream media.
tyreon

Post by tyreon »

Can I join in the fun to hunt down and trip up vegetarians? I'm not doing much this afto.

Only joshin!

But here's a thing;the human condition. I guess we're killing machines anyway. I was thinking about bacteria and virus. Why take any medication when you know it might kill tens of thousands of other living creatures,living beings who want to live,want to replicate,have relatives,sons and daughters etc.

At the same time,haven't we got living but unseen mites in our eybrows,over our skins. Wash? And kill them! The innocents. Then we have our thoughts: why supress some bad thoughts with 'good',killing in whose name?

I guess being veggie must work by differentiating the hierarchy of that killed(please,not Brexiters!),and mostly avoiding seen animals. The difference between and animal and a vegetable is....?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

tyreon wrote:Can I join in the fun to hunt down and trip up vegetarians? I'm not doing much this afto.

Only joshin!
Name for me, any food you don't like. Be it brussels sprouts, avocado, tapioca, whatever. I'll then be delighted to rag you about your aversions till the end of time! :lol:

Problem with taking the line you have done, is that many veggies don't pursue the line of principles that deep down. In my case I've renounced certain foods because I don't like them any more. Simple as that! And I think my present diet is healthier and more balanced than it used to be, though that may be for other reasons (such as cutting down sugar :? ).

I wish you luck. :roll:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:
tyreon wrote:Can I join in the fun to hunt down and trip up vegetarians? I'm not doing much this afto.

Only joshin!
Name for me, any food you don't like. Be it brussels sprouts, avocado, tapioca, whatever. I'll then be delighted to rag you about your aversions till the end of time! :lol:

Problem with taking the line you have done, is that many veggies don't pursue the line of principles that deep down. In my case I've renounced certain foods because I don't like them any more. Simple as that! And I think my present diet is healthier and more balanced than it used to be, though that may be for other reasons (such as cutting down sugar :? ).

I wish you luck. :roll:

avocado, tapioca - I dont understand how people like either - tapioca looks like frog spawn and avocado just dont taste of much just some kind of raw vegetable matter
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:avocado, tapioca - I dont understand how people like either - tapioca looks like frog spawn and avocado just dont taste of much just some kind of raw vegetable matter

I guessed right, then! I chose the three foodstuffs which I thought were most likely to be detested by a large sector of the population!

For me, opposite extremes. Tapioca hardly exists nowadays, does it? - but I remember (ugh!!!) school dinners well enough. Frog-spawn indeed! Incidentally, try cassava crisps - made from the same plant as tapioca and obtainable in many supermarkets and Asian stores. I think they're quite tasty - and fewer calories than potato crisps!

On the other hand, I'm very fond of avocados, provided they're ripe to a turn. I have half a one for breakfast, most days, sprinkled with a bit of pepper, nothing else. But I suppose it's not for everyone. We try to avoid buying avocados grown in Mexico, because of the environmental impact that avocado farming is having there.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I love sprouts though - the best vegetable but has to be properly cooked - rawish they are foul
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:I love sprouts though - the best vegetable but has to be properly cooked - rawish they are foul

Now with that, you do surprise me! But - I can still score points against you: I prefer them crunchy. Here: feast your eyes on a plate of overcooked sprouts if you must (and think of Xmas). Yuck!
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:
mercalia wrote:I love sprouts though - the best vegetable but has to be properly cooked - rawish they are foul

Now with that, you do surprise me! But - I can still score points against you: I prefer them crunchy. Here: feast your eyes on a plate of overcooked sprouts if you must (and think of Xmas). Yuck!

they look really horrible yellow ( where is the puke smiley :?: ) - I cook mine in a microwave in water, stay green, very tastey with a chop - thats meat