A Cry From the Elites

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Geoff.D
Posts: 1959
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 9:20pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby Geoff.D » 3 Dec 2016, 11:42am

pete75 wrote:
Geoff.D wrote:Here is a very short statement about the Rothschild family. It's obviously biased to emphasise one particular aspect - the enormous world power it exerts through it's banking wealth and operations. Nonetheless, it does indicate just how a handful of people (like the Rothschilds) are as influential as politicians, states, electorates, etc. Hawking says as much in his article.



Have you any evidence to back up that statement?


Well, my link was one source of evidence in itself. But, you might also look at these -
https://www.quora.com/What-happened-to- ... ild-family
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family

The actual wealth of these super rich individuals is very hard to pinpoint, even by experts in their respective fields. This is mainly because they tend to diversify and obfuscate their financial dealings. But, my point is that this small number of people wield significant influence, as Hawking suggests.

Think about the Russian oil oligarchs, and their relationship with Putin. Think about the tobacco company owners and their relationship with just about every government in the world. Think about the railway company owners in USA (as they opened up the west) and that government's policy to the indigenous peoples. Think about the relationship between ship owners and the British government and Church at the the height of the slave trade and industrial revolution.

The super rich have always had (and continue to have) significant effect on our daily lives. Arguably (and I did say that my opening link was biased, as am I) their influence is not always for society's good, let alone the individuals. They appear to be able to both hang onto their wealth (and influence) and increase the gap.

pete75
Posts: 11475
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby pete75 » 3 Dec 2016, 3:13pm

Geoff.D wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Geoff.D wrote:Here is a very short statement about the Rothschild family. It's obviously biased to emphasise one particular aspect - the enormous world power it exerts through it's banking wealth and operations. Nonetheless, it does indicate just how a handful of people (like the Rothschilds) are as influential as politicians, states, electorates, etc. Hawking says as much in his article.



Have you any evidence to back up that statement?


Well, my link was one source of evidence in itself. But, you might also look at these -
https://www.quora.com/What-happened-to- ... ild-family
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family




Your link was certainly not a source of evidence. It was merely a series statement someone posted on a Facebook page. What I meant was do you have any evidence that the Rothschild family own nearly every central bank in the world as stated in your link.

SpannerGeek
Posts: 722
Joined: 12 Nov 2015, 2:16pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby SpannerGeek » 3 Dec 2016, 4:00pm

Try googling 'Rothschild Net Worth'...

You won't get anywhere, they dont even appear on the Forbes magazine list of most wealthy families. After the Napoleonic wars, they were SO wealthy they were able to buy the ENTIRE debt of Great Britain. Many sources conclude that GB is STILL in hock to the family.

You'll never get the truth about these super elites, because they own the truth, and a hand in almost every single news agency on earth.

They regard the wealth and power of someone like Trump as we would an insect.

Geoff.D
Posts: 1959
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 9:20pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby Geoff.D » 3 Dec 2016, 5:27pm

pete75 wrote:
Geoff.D wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Have you any evidence to back up that statement?


Well, my link was one source of evidence in itself. But, you might also look at these -
https://www.quora.com/What-happened-to- ... ild-family
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family




Your link was certainly not a source of evidence. It was merely a series statement someone posted on a Facebook page. What I meant was do you have any evidence that the Rothschild family own nearly every central bank in the world as stated in your link.


I take your point about sources of evidence, as opposed to statements of opinion. My first link is opinion. The second two give credence to that opinion with greater research. They describe the wealth of the family, and its pursuit of wealth from the 18th century. They describe some of the techniques to do this, and the diversification that has buffered them whilst doing so.

I don't have access to primary sources of evidence (their accounts. etc), nor do I have the will to even try. As Spannergreek says such evidence is pretty much well hidden. But, my point remains. The super rich can (and do) influence our daily lives in many ways, simply because their wealth gives them influential access to politicians, media, industrialists, religion,etc. Indeed, they often own these institutions outright (in the financial sense) or "own" them in a more coercive/subversive sense. My examples previously highlight some of those dark corners.

I'm sure you will have detected a note of regret in my writing. I wish such a disparity did not exist, and that democratic governments were completely open and responsible to the electorate alone. Alas the world isn't such. The best I can do is to continue to test and refine my thoughts in discussions such as this, and put my cross appropriately on a ballot paper.

pete75
Posts: 11475
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby pete75 » 3 Dec 2016, 6:40pm

SpannerGeek wrote:Try googling 'Rothschild Net Worth'...

You won't get anywhere, they dont even appear on the Forbes magazine list of most wealthy families. After the Napoleonic wars, they were SO wealthy they were able to buy the ENTIRE debt of Great Britain. Many sources conclude that GB is STILL in hock to the family.



Which sources? Are they reliable or are they stuff like this http://new.euro-med.dk/20141017-the-nwo ... london.php

SpannerGeek
Posts: 722
Joined: 12 Nov 2015, 2:16pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby SpannerGeek » 3 Dec 2016, 6:50pm

pete75 wrote:
SpannerGeek wrote:Try googling 'Rothschild Net Worth'...

You won't get anywhere, they dont even appear on the Forbes magazine list of most wealthy families. After the Napoleonic wars, they were SO wealthy they were able to buy the ENTIRE debt of Great Britain. Many sources conclude that GB is STILL in hock to the family.



Which sources? Are they reliable or are they stuff like this http://new.euro-med.dk/20141017-the-nwo ... london.php



'Content blocked from this website' on my network. What kind of murky depths of the internet are you trawling to prove your point that truth is dead!?

landsurfer
Posts: 4757
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby landsurfer » 3 Dec 2016, 9:32pm

Truth is acceptable in this place.
But anger and rage are not.
I believe....
It's not about the bike .. It's about the journey .....
The Road Goes On Forever ........................

Vorpal
Moderator
Posts: 16951
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 3:34pm
Location: Not there ;)

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby Vorpal » 3 Dec 2016, 11:30pm

Rothschild family conspiracy theory stuff. That's new. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschil ... y_theories
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

pete75
Posts: 11475
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby pete75 » 4 Dec 2016, 2:41am

SpannerGeek wrote:
pete75 wrote:
SpannerGeek wrote:Try googling 'Rothschild Net Worth'...

You won't get anywhere, they dont even appear on the Forbes magazine list of most wealthy families. After the Napoleonic wars, they were SO wealthy they were able to buy the ENTIRE debt of Great Britain. Many sources conclude that GB is STILL in hock to the family.



Which sources? Are they reliable or are they stuff like this http://new.euro-med.dk/20141017-the-nwo ... london.php



'Content blocked from this website' on my network. What kind of murky depths of the internet are you trawling to prove your point that truth is dead!?


Was just doing a search on that claim that Rothschild owned the entire British national debt in the 19th century. Typed "rothschilds british empire" into google and that came up second on the list after wikipedia. It's the usual crackpot stuff about new world order - page headed "The NWO is the British Empire – the Whole World to Belong to the Rothshild/Jesuit City of London." Ludicrous rather than sinister.
Don't know why it should be blocked for you - what are your filter settings?

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8867
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby 661-Pete » 4 Dec 2016, 8:37am

pete75 wrote:Was just doing a search on that claim that Rothschild owned the entire British national debt in the 19th century. Typed "rothschilds british empire" into google and that came up second on the list after wikipedia. It's the usual crackpot stuff about new world order - page headed "The NWO is the British Empire – the Whole World to Belong to the Rothshild/Jesuit City of London." Ludicrous rather than sinister.
Listen here at 09m30 into the broadcast. I could not find the corresponding report online on the Guardian/Observer website, it may be in the paper edition only. If true it could explain one or two things.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

pete75
Posts: 11475
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby pete75 » 4 Dec 2016, 9:06am

661-Pete wrote:
pete75 wrote:Was just doing a search on that claim that Rothschild owned the entire British national debt in the 19th century. Typed "rothschilds british empire" into google and that came up second on the list after wikipedia. It's the usual crackpot stuff about new world order - page headed "The NWO is the British Empire – the Whole World to Belong to the Rothshild/Jesuit City of London." Ludicrous rather than sinister.
Listen here at 09m30 into the broadcast. I could not find the corresponding report online on the Guardian/Observer website, it may be in the paper edition only. If true it could explain one or two things.


It certainly could. Third link is headed "The "Jewish" Conspiracy is British Imperialism", fourth "The Top of the Pyramid: The Rothschilds, the Vatican and the British Crown Rule World" and so on. The list of links continues to be of similar types until the top of the third page where there is a link to "The Oxford History of the British Empire".

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8867
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby 661-Pete » 4 Dec 2016, 12:22pm

pete75 wrote:
661-Pete wrote:
pete75 wrote:Was just doing a search on that claim that Rothschild owned the entire British national debt in the 19th century. Typed "rothschilds british empire" into google and that came up second on the list after wikipedia. It's the usual crackpot stuff about new world order - page headed "The NWO is the British Empire – the Whole World to Belong to the Rothshild/Jesuit City of London." Ludicrous rather than sinister.
Listen here at 09m30 into the broadcast. I could not find the corresponding report online on the Guardian/Observer website, it may be in the paper edition only. If true it could explain one or two things.


It certainly could. Third link is headed "The "Jewish" Conspiracy is British Imperialism", fourth "The Top of the Pyramid: The Rothschilds, the Vatican and the British Crown Rule World" and so on. The list of links continues to be of similar types until the top of the third page where there is a link to "The Oxford History of the British Empire".

The article is now online here. Makes chilling reading - whatever your political perspective. Google have, apparently, issued a denial, but then, as Mandy Rice-Davies famously said, "They would, wouldn't they?"
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

SpannerGeek
Posts: 722
Joined: 12 Nov 2015, 2:16pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby SpannerGeek » 4 Dec 2016, 12:55pm

It seems clear (to anyone who bothers to investigate) that not only is there an ongoing war on truth, but also on information itself.

Facebook and Google are the arbiters of truth in the world, newspapers really only play catch up. But who edits the editors?

I'll be very interested to see how today's Italian referendum is spun, should it go contrary to the ruling elite of the current administration. Beppe Grillos anti elite 5 Star party will likely press for an immediate General Election. The fall of the EU is only months away from this verdict. A GE in Britain is a sure thing, as soon as May calls article 50, I wonder what kind of politics will emerge from our own home grown melee?

landsurfer
Posts: 4757
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby landsurfer » 4 Dec 2016, 1:11pm

The problem is SpannerGeek that i suspect that very little will change.
I will still go to work in the morning.
The M1 will still be congested.
Fuel prices will go up and down and life will carry on.
The wrangling of the westminster village takes so long to filter down to the real world i have stopped worrying about.
It's not about the bike .. It's about the journey .....
The Road Goes On Forever ........................

SpannerGeek
Posts: 722
Joined: 12 Nov 2015, 2:16pm

Re: A Cry From the Elites

Postby SpannerGeek » 5 Dec 2016, 8:22am

Another blow to European unity, Italian leader ousted in yesterday's power grab referendum. Beppe Grillo and far right alliance (both anti EU parties) call for snap election.

Looks like the end game for the European elites

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/12/04 ... d-no-vote/