Trumps Travel Ban

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Boyd

Re: Trumps Travel Ban

Post by Boyd »

bovlomov wrote:
mercalia wrote:The Westminster swamp that needs clearing?

Some one who wants to scupper Brexit?

The Westminster Swamp that needs clearing..JPG

Swamp to be cleared? Why not vermin to be exterminated? Parasites to be destroyed? Counter-revolutionaries to be liquidated?

What a world!

Nothing like a bit of meaningless exaggeration.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Kellyanne seems to not the only one creating fictitious terror attacks to support their policies
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sean-spicer-creates-fake-atlanta-terror-attack-story-a7570561.html (9 Feb 2017) wrote:White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is now the second high-ranking member of the Trump administration to make statements about a fictional terror attack in defence of the president’s travel ban.

Mr Spicer has referenced a terror attack in Atlanta by someone who entered the country from overseas. He’s now made the reference at least three times in recent weeks.

The last high-profile terror attack in Georgia’s capital took place 21 years ago by a right-wing terrorist from Florida. The man was not foreign-inspired, but rather someone who was upset over abortion and homosexuality.

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

reohn2 wrote:Has anyone seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbT3_9dJY4

But have you watched his collar ? :roll:

Ian
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

Boyd wrote:
bovlomov wrote:
mercalia wrote:The Westminster swamp that needs clearing?

Some one who wants to scupper Brexit?

The Westminster Swamp that needs clearing..JPG

Swamp to be cleared? Why not vermin to be exterminated? Parasites to be destroyed? Counter-revolutionaries to be liquidated?

What a world!

Nothing like a bit of meaningless exaggeration.

A lot has been made, in these threads, about nastiness coming from the left. You know - "Tory scum" and all that. My post was a response to yet another hackneyed phrase that aims to dehumanise opponents. I was drawing attention to the cheap and nasty cliché that it is.

So exaggeration, but not meaningless.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:

Ian

Yes,and watched the 'outer dark'(?) video on it,what do you think about it?
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

reohn2 wrote:
Psamathe wrote:

Ian

Yes,and watched the 'outer dark'(?) video on it,what do you think about it?

The 18 min 47 sec one is very obvious! Seems a very localised "issue" but I don't know enough about video and compression techniques to know if this could be an artefact (in which case I'd expect it to be happening a bit more throughout the video). But I think to pass an opinion somebody would need to have more knowledge about video than I have. I just love conspiracy theories (love hearing them, not believing them).

So I suppose I'm "I think I don't know enough to form an opinion".

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:The 18 min 47 sec one is very obvious! Seems a very localised "issue" but I don't know enough about video and compression techniques to know if this could be an artefact (in which case I'd expect it to be happening a bit more throughout the video). But I think to pass an opinion somebody would need to have more knowledge about video than I have. I just love conspiracy theories (love hearing them, not believing them).

So I suppose I'm "I think I don't know enough to form an opinion".

Ian

Thanks
I wonder what John Pilger has to say about it.
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

meic wrote:
Psamathe wrote:

also (though probably not considered by the US court
("Google is your friend")

Ian

These are all arguments that the law is wrong and he can not make it for that reason.
Rather than it is not the Presidents place to enact temporary immigration policy for security reasons..

Seems that at least even Trump has accepted his executive order breaks the law/constitution
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-latest-travel-ban-muslim-supreme-court-challenge-a7574541.html wrote:Donald Trump 'won't challenge Muslim travel ban' in Supreme Court
The President had said he was confident that his lawyers would win the argument before the country’s highest court – saying on twitter 'see you in court'. But against the risk that he could suffer his fourth legal setback over the ban on travel to the US for people from seven Muslim-majority countries, the White House announced it would not for now pursue the legal battle any further.

Ian
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

clearly a fan of Elizabeth Montgomery in Bewitched?

I twig my and ear and things  happen
I twig my and ear and things happen
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:clearly a fan of Elizabeth Montgomery in Bewitched?
Well, clearly, either you're too young to have watched Bewitched, or your memory's not what it should be. Her usual party piece wasn't tweaking her ear, but twitching her upper lip.

Ever since, I've wondered how she pulled it off. I've tried and no way can I manage it. I can tweak my ear if hard-pressed..... :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:
Well, clearly, either you're too young to have watched Bewitched, or your memory's not what it should be. Her usual party piece wasn't tweaking her ear, but twitching her upper lip.

Ever since, I've wondered how she pulled it off. I've tried and no way can I manage it. I can tweak my ear if hard-pressed..... :lol:

i know she wrinkled her nose but its called poetic license. I seem to remember but cant quite place another comedy magical figure did it with her ear - was it jeanie from I dream of jeanie?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well, it ain't Hermione, at any rate. Strictly a wand-person...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

mercalia wrote:
661-Pete wrote:

i know she wrinkled her nose but its called poetic license. I seem to remember but cant quite place another comedy magical figure did it with her ear - was it jeanie from I dream of jeanie?

Maybe she needed a bit of ear tweaking to cope with this chap as her husband. Just a thought but was he a major influence on Donald???

'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

pete75 wrote:Just a thought but was he a major influence on Donald???
Well - a guy can dream, can't he?
[youtube]9YPQARBgHS8[/youtube]