** The thread for Rants & Odds and Sods **

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
landsurfer

Re: A RANT thread for Odds and Sods

Post by landsurfer »

mercalia wrote:what? you knew who did and and where the goods ended up and the police didnt follow it up? thats incredible. Out of interest how long have you kept the gear there without incident? Always been wary of wooden sheds so easy to break into :( go and claim the gear back?

" Noted your comments Sir, and will pass it on "..... 3 days ago !! Useless .......

My shed is a commercial 12 x 8, biggest i could fit on the available plot and strengthened ( or so i thought ) .... I have kept the bikes and tools in sheds in that position for 20 years without a break in .... there have been 2 attempts about 5 years ago but they failed.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
ChrisOntLancs

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

"scottish labour"... god i remember those guys :lol:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

A decent battery alarm in the shed might have prevented the theft. I keep some tools in mine on my allotment miles from anywhere. It has a padlock and I wrote 'alarm !' near that. More expensive Wolf tools are removed in winter. No problems in the last 12 months.

I live opposite the village cop shop. Once we had an attempted car theft in our drive, it didn't succeed but wrote off the car. The perpetrator bled, and they nabbed him by DNA from that. It was announced last week that the cop shop is closing. This was accompanied by a string of platitudes. I fear a village crime wave from the little toe rags… Need an alarm I think.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

al_yrpal wrote:A decent battery alarm in the shed might have prevented the theft. I keep some tools in mine on my allotment miles from anywhere. It has a padlock and I wrote 'alarm !' near that. More expensive Wolf tools are removed in winter. No problems in the last 12 months.

I live opposite the village cop shop. Once we had an attempted car theft in our drive, it didn't succeed but wrote off the car. The perpetrator bled, and they nabbed him by DNA from that. It was announced last week that the cop shop is closing. This was accompanied by a string of platitudes. I fear a village crime wave from the little toe rags… Need an alarm I think.

Al

They bothered with DNA? wow they must not have anything better to do?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:Was this picture juxtaposition deliberate? :lol:

a buffoon clinging to power?

a buffon yes.JPG

Who owns the media you got that photo from?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
ChrisOntLancs

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

all i want for my birthday this week is to ride up to the top of one of the north west's many 'big hills', have a couple of butties and a banana, and ride down it again.

so it's probably going to be rivington or woodhead. ones very up and down, the latter is just up up up up up up up up up.

and i know most people here would do both of those before breakfast, it's a big deal for me though.

but i was born in the wrong half of march.

i don't mind a bit of rain, as long as i have traction, but i'd really like the wind to be below 15mph. that's the main concern and if it was something like 10 i'd happily take a bit of drizzle with it.

what do you all do? the relevant councils have all been very polite but this sort of thing is out of their hands.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

reohn2 wrote:Who owns the media you got that photo from?
Easy enough to photoshop that sort of stuff.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:

no was a real mag/paper cant remember which
at moment I look at many online news
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:
661-Pete wrote:

no was a real mag/paper cant remember which
at moment I look at many online news

Well if you can't remember you're being remarkably obtuse:

FYI "news.co.uk" is the website of the parent company of Murdoch's rags (times, sun, etc.).
So why not search again - and post the link when you've found it? :wink:

[edit] having made point - removed attachment to avoid possible breach of copyright
Last edited by 661-Pete on 27 Feb 2017, 10:17pm, edited 2 times in total.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

:wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I used the windows 8.1 snipping tool to capture a bit of the page. saw it only in passing and thought it funny. dont see why it makes me obtuse. didnt pay any attention to the rest of the page. any way dont matter to me whether you believe it or not. 8)
ChrisOntLancs

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

i thought it was funny

the strange thing is, if you just look at the photo of corbyn on its own it looks even crazier.

i quite like the guy but that's not the sort of face you want to be putting out there, not with that hand gesture...

and i don't even doubt the comparison, i'm sure he is a despot, it's just.... well even if he is... quinoa never killed anybody... whatever it is.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-pete and rehon2 have successfully been corrupted by all the fake news that they dont know the real thing when they see it anymore :lol: there is a show on the bbc that feeds on usually verbal lapses
Last edited by mercalia on 27 Feb 2017, 10:27pm, edited 3 times in total.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

The picture of Corbyn comes from Sky News (not juxtaposed with the Dear Leader, btw). Yes it's very easy to catch someone in an unfortunate facial expression - you only have to go through a video frame-by-frame.

I didn't bother to search for a match for Mr Un, btw. Spare me that!
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Is it 'trading insults' time then?