** The thread for Rants & Odds and Sods **

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ChrisOntLancs

Re: A RANT thread for Odds and Sods

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

if you're not in the stadium you're in the pub, and now last years shirt doesn't fit you, so get a new one and we'll see you in the pub. also anybody who doesn't do this is strange, tell them.

cya tomoz.
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

reohn2 wrote:
Edwards wrote:Not a good post.

?

It was the wrong sort of rant and would have annoyed people for no good reason.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Edwards wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Edwards wrote:Not a good post.

?

It was the wrong sort of rant and would have annoyed people for no good reason.

I see now :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

hmm didnt think that this place for politically correct :wink: rants
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

so the BBC blames the UK for this womans deportation back to Singapore after being married to a UK citizen for 27 years and has UK kids -

"Irene Clennell was being held in a Scottish detention centre, but told the BBC she has been removed to her country of origin without warning. "

well the obvious question is why didnt she get UK nationality? the answer is Singapore dont allow dual nationality, so it seems it is Singapore's fault and not the UKs?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39099574
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia
You're all heart :?
W H Auden
meic

Post by meic »

well the obvious question is why didnt she get UK nationality? the answer is Singapore dont allow dual nationality, so it seems it is Singapore's fault and not the UKs?

If Singapore, like many other countries doesnt allow dual nationality, that doesnt stop anybody from getting a new nationality and relinquishing the Singaporean one. The sort of choice people are making all over the world every day.

So not the fault of Singapore. I havent a clue if she applied for UK nationality or not, was refused or not, but that is really none of Singapore's concern. All they have done in this matter is to retain a place in their country for one of their citizens.
Yma o Hyd
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well given the little information given i think she has parents in Singapore and I assume that might be a reason why she wanted to keep her Singapore nationality esp as they are old and she has been back there looking after them. Seems like she had been there for (constantly?) 2 years + and thats part ofthe problem. I suppose she hasnt been very wise in her choices? Cant blame the govt for that. I bet I am like most people here I try and avoid getting into bureacratic tangles knowing how inflexible they are. It seems that the no dual nationality in singapore is a bit of a sore point there
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:well given the little information given i think she has parents in Singapore and I assume that might be a reason why she wanted to keep her Singapore nationality esp as they are old and she has been back there looking after them. Seems like she had been there for 2 years + and thats part ofthe problem. I suppose she hasnt been very wise in her choices? Cant blame the govt for that.

Perhaps she thought being married to an UK citizen for 27 years,have two children in that marriage was reason enough not to apply for UK citizenship and would make life more difficult going backward and forward to Singapore.Perhaps the thought she'd shipped back to Singapore never even entered her head.

Bl@@dy foreigners coming over here expecting to be treat as human beings!!!!!!!!! :evil:
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

reohn2 wrote:
mercalia wrote:well given the little information given i think she has parents in Singapore and I assume that might be a reason why she wanted to keep her Singapore nationality esp as they are old and she has been back there looking after them. Seems like she had been there for 2 years + and thats part ofthe problem. I suppose she hasnt been very wise in her choices? Cant blame the govt for that.

Perhaps she thought being married to an UK citizen for 27 years,have two children in that marriage was reason enough not to apply for UK citizenship and would make life more difficult going backward and forward to Singapore.Perhaps the thought she'd shipped back to Singapore never even entered her head.

Bl@@dy foreigners coming over here expecting to be treat as human beings!!!!!!!!! :evil:

well as I added to my post I am sure many of us have had to deal with the system and know how inflexible it is and therefore make sure know what the rules are and keep ones head down and avoid any tangles, nothing to do with commonsense alas? Maybe the rules need to change but that wont happen over night, takes years with commitees etc. Only a King or Queen ( or dictator ) can change things on the spur of the moment?
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

On Thursday evening my shed was broken in to.
It's next to the house, 5 metres from our open bedroom window.
We never heard a thing.
They cut one smaller padlock off a shoot bolt and ripped a large padlocked hasp from the wooden structure.
They stole;
My much loved and modified alloy and carbon bike.
My chain saw, two tool boxes, a hammer drill, a cordless drill.
The tool boxes weighed around 30kg each.

I phoned the police ..... " Here's your crime number" ..... !!
We made some inquires ourselves, we know some "footpads and ner'do'wells" ourselves.

We discovered that the burglary had been carried out by "Y*M", B*Z CR***Y and M**E TH*****N.
They sold all the gear to SA*** BURD**, she lives on B** T*** Avenue.
Passed on all the details to the Police ..........
Pointless, absolutely pointless.
Their response was "Do you need a visit from Victim Support ?".
:evil: :( :evil: :( :evil:
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Landsurfer
Not enough police,too many criminals.
They know they won't get caught because of that,and even if they do the gaols are full,underfunded and overwhelmed.
It's a criminals paradise,UK today :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

what? you knew who did and and where the goods ended up and the police didnt follow it up? thats incredible. Out of interest how long have you kept the gear there without incident? Always been wary of wooden sheds so easy to break into :( go and claim the gear back?
meic

Post by meic »

In a couple of months they may tell you they have caught your thief, they confessed it along with fifty other offences to be "taken into consideration" while co-operating with the Police to get a lighter sentence. They will not want to give you the name of the culprit and will insist that there is no point trying to get your stuff back or suing for compensation. All the while you know damn well it was not them who stole it. :(

Or just once in a while you might get a phonecall telling you they have found most of your stuff and to come and collect it at the station. :D
Yma o Hyd
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Was this picture juxtaposition deliberate? :lol:

a buffoon clinging to power?