Yet another political thread.....

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Yet another political thread.....

Post by reohn2 »

Were does UKip go from here?
Worth discussing?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
landsurfer

Re: Yet another political thread.....

Post by landsurfer »

NAH!!! ... give it a rest ..... lets cycle ....
Well I won't be today as the Bas**rds who broke it to my shed and stole my bikes last night have put an end to that !!!!! :twisted: :( :(
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
meic

Post by meic »

Time for a bring back hanging thread then!
Yma o Hyd
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

put in the rant thread
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

landsurfer wrote:NAH!!! ... give it a rest ..... lets cycle ....
Well I won't be today as the Bas**rds who broke it to my shed and stole my bikes last night have put an end to that !!!!! :twisted: :( :(

If we are to believe Paul Mason, the two things are closely related.
Most of Ukip’s members and activists are “toe-rags” who would steal people’s bikes, left-wing journalist Paul Mason has said.

Whoever nicked your bikes, it is a tragedy. Take all that Dickens and Shakespeare off the curriculum and make Bicycle Thieves a requirement.

Hope you get 'em back, and that the thieves are kept awake for ever by a guilty conscience.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

For what it's worth I am very sorry to hear that.
I hope you can find them(bikes and culprits!)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PDQ Mobile wrote:

For what it's worth I am very sorry to hear that.
I hope you can find them(bikes and culprits!)

+1
It's akin to stealing a man's tools of his trade,been there,suffered that.

A bed of sharpened 3inch nails approx 4inch apart (don't put them too close together as they won't penetrate the sole of their shoes)pointing upward through a sheet of 12mm ply placed behind the door to be stepped on by any intruder will work next time,for there'll be a next time.
I'm told they come back after a few weeks when you've replaced your bikes or whatever it is they stole the first time.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Back to the thread is UKip finish now it's been proven their leader is a liar,nay worse than a liar but a liar claiming to be able to stand alongside people who lost loved ones at Hillsborough? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The people of Stoke certainly don't trust him.
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote:Back to the thread is UKip finish now it's been proven their leader is a liar,nay worse than a liar but a liar claiming to be able to stand alongside people who lost loved ones at Hillsborough? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/p ... f370da891a And many other lies, sorry mistakes or misspeaks or alternative facts as there're all things the new right call their lies.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Why are loved ones lost at Hillsborough worth more than loved ones lost else where ?
Loved ones lost in Ulster? Loved ones lost during the Falklands ? Loved ones lost in mines ? Cyclists ?
What is the Hillsborough factor that does not allow debate or discussion.
Why is Hillsborough used as an anvil to beat people over ?

I was at Hillsborough this afternoon, the memorial coated in flowers in the sunshine .... So very sad .... Like Bradford, 7/7 ....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
meic

Post by meic »

pete75 wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Back to the thread is UKip finish now it's been proven their leader is a liar,nay worse than a liar but a liar claiming to be able to stand alongside people who lost loved ones at Hillsborough? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/p ... f370da891a And many other lies, sorry mistakes or misspeaks or alternative facts as there're all things the new right call their lies.

Number five on the list is just a policy change.
Hardly a lie in anybody's book for support for a policy before the change to contradict the support for the new policy after the change.

For claim number one, I would recommend that people watch the video on this page and make their own mind up. It will test how biased you are.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -was-false
Yma o Hyd
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

UKIP? Irrelevant really.

More interesting question is where does the Labour Party go? Corbyn will undoubtedly go at some point, the Party has all these new members, will they accept him going or try to get him re-elected? Alternatively, if he goes who will the members and unions vote in as leader and how will that be received by the voting public? After the boundary changes and the seats stolen by the SNP will labour ever be a force in opposition again. And will we ever have a Labour government again?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

landsurfer wrote:Why are loved ones lost at Hillsborough worth more than loved ones lost else where ?
Loved ones lost in Ulster? Loved ones lost during the Falklands ? Loved ones lost in mines ? Cyclists ?
What is the Hillsborough factor that does not allow debate or discussion.

I was at Hillsborough this afternoon, the memorial coated in flowers in the sunshine .... So very sad .... Like Bradford, 7/7 ....

No one's claiming they are,just claiming that Paul Nuttall was trying to capitalise on claiming he lost 'close friends' there,and that he himself was at Hillsborough when the tragedy happened.
It's been proven he didn't lose close friends at Hills borough and there's some dispute as to him claiming he was there at that time,which has got him into deep doo doo.
He's the leader of a party that's trying to become a force in UK politics,is caught out in lies,lies which tug at people's heart strings because Hillsborough is such a raw wound just beginning to heal,not just because ordinary people were killed but because it was tried to be covered up by lies,lies on lies,deliberately told by people in high office who couldn't give a monkey's for those people who died.
For a Scouser to try to capitalise on that tragedy by telling more lies to attain political office stinks to high heaven.
But it's not the worst thing in the world.
If you want to see real liars at work watch a couple of John Pilger's documentaries on Youtube I can't recommend them highly enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6StL-AJLDwY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glnYs7Fz0SM
Happy viewing.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:UKIP? Irrelevant really.

Apparently they couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery currently.
Their discredited leader like the previous ones is surely testament to that.

More interesting question is where does the Labour Party go? Corbyn will undoubtedly go at some point, the Party has all these new members, will they accept him going or try to get him re-elected? Alternatively, if he goes who will the members and unions vote in as leader and how will that be received by the voting public? After the boundary changes and the seats stolen by the SNP will labour ever be a force in opposition again. And will we ever have a Labour government again?

Al

Hey start a Corbyn thread this one's about UKip :wink:
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

landsurfer wrote:What is the Hillsborough factor that does not allow debate or discussion.
I was not aware that discussion of Hillsborough is taboo.
And it's not Hillsborough that's being 'used' to 'beat people' with. Nuttall was exposed as a liar, that's all. The topic that he happened to choose to lie about, made his action rather tasteless. Just as if he'd lied about being - say - on the train that crashed at Paddington.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).