What happened to the Sardar for sale on EBAY?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

What happened to the Sardar for sale on EBAY?

Post by mercalia »

advert on Ebay has gone also. strange?
colin54

Re: What happened to the Sardar for sale on EBAY?

Post by colin54 »

This one ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162364636092? ... EBIDX%3AIT

I think it went a couple of weeks back, sold elsewhere possibly ?
Nu-Fogey
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

no this was a new item today or last night - was strange as had Reynolds 853 stickers. some one added it to the for sale thread here
gaz

Post by gaz »

I saw the thread after the initial post had been edited to "x" by the OP. IIRC you had replied and the OP had posted indicating disapproval of your response. At a guess the thread was subsequently pulled by the mods, perhaps at the OP's request.

I do not know if the OP was the seller or he had simply linked an eBay item he thought might interest others, such as in this example.

Was it this one?

No collection to seller, no knowledge of item.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

gaz wrote:I saw the thread after the initial post had been edited to "x" by the OP. IIRC you had replied and the OP had posted indicating disapproval of your response. At a guess the thread was subsequently pulled by the mods, perhaps at the OP's request.

I do not know if the OP was the seller or he had simply linked an eBay item he thought might interest others, such as in this example.

Was it this one?

yes thats the one. there is still some thing strange about that bike as I said I didnt think the Sardar was 853 steel? ( It does have Sardar sticker on top tube ) was never that high up in the pecking order? also the top tube was dented and slightly bent - fair comment. I dont think you can believe any of the stickers as a result? Maybe Sardar experts can confirm or other wise what I say?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dawes-reynolds-853-touring-series-bike-mavic-dave-hinde-/252781505952?hash=item3adaf3ada0:g:L4wAAOSwCU1YrKjb
pete75

Post by pete75 »

gaz wrote:I saw the thread after the initial post had been edited to "x" by the OP. IIRC you had replied and the OP had posted indicating disapproval of your response. At a guess the thread was subsequently pulled by the mods, perhaps at the OP's request.

Was it this one?

It was me who linked to it. Nothing to do with me but as there's often favourable postings about the Sardar here I thought it might of interest to some people. Got rid of it when folks started slagging off postings that's all.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker