Games consoles...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
[XAP]Bob

Games consoles...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Kind of seems like the antithesis of cycling, but I'm looking into either a PS4 or an Xbox One...

I don't have a back catalogue of games, not do I have a particularly 'gamer' group of friends which would drive me one way or the other...

Tie ups to Windows don't interest me, but the availability of kids games does (lego titles being particularly popular)

PS now seems to offer a good selection of games, and multi month "gift cards" seem a reasonable value way if getting access. Much harder to find out if there is a similar library for Xbox ...

Opinions and experiences welcome - I reserve the right to ignore you all :p
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
rollinbone

Re: Games consoles...

Post by rollinbone »

Hi: I ended up at one point with both consoles cos I got a PS4 then Xbox One because they said some Xbox 360 titles could be played on XB1
This turned out to be a limited offer so I got rid of the XB1 over a year ago
There is a new version of that out I notice and I've just got a PS4 Pro (its quicker than original PS4 and does 4K output)

Anyway PSN does have a lot of cheap titles and offers that change all the time
Both consoles have exclusive titles of which the XB1 'Halo' and 'Forca' series seems to be popular, but not with me
PSN have the Killzone exclusive series and others (see below)
Many titles though are available on both platforms

Whats popular with kids I don't know but would recommend the new and excellent 'Horizon Zero Dawn' -
along with the equally excellent 'Bloodbourne' - both are PlayStation exclusives

Good idea to read reviews on Amazon to get a 'feel' for what's what with games - utube also has examples to view