Electrocuted- charging phone in bath

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
landsurfer

Re: Electrocuted- charging phone in bath

Post by landsurfer »

SO ... your blaming the Tories and Libdems for murdering someone that took a mains power extension into a bathroom, personally caused it to enter his bathwater and kill him ..... seriously ... really ....... :roll: :D
Last edited by landsurfer on 21 Mar 2017, 2:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Cats have done an awful lot of harm in Australia, they displace and/or kill the native beasts

Any dogpersons care to comment on poo? Can a dog be trained to do its *number twos* at home?

For te turd time (sorry, I slipped into an Irish accent then) in this thread...

Yes they can. Watch a Guide Dog.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Just came across this:
DogOnBeach.jpg
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote: Can a dog be trained to do its *number twos* at home?
Absolutely can .............. or anywhere else if you want.
Last dog we had would perform perfectly if you used the right words. Previous dogs were good at it too.

"Go wee-wees" .............. self evident.
"Come on, get on with it" .............. for Number Twos.

All it takes is for the owner to know their dog and its personality, plus a regular routine.
Mick F. Cornwall
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

Mick F wrote:"Come on, get on with it" ....

I thought this what wives say in the married boudoir :D

Perhaps husbands are trainable in the same way..... and have been for thousands of years.
jeremy1

Post by jeremy1 »

thirdcrank wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39307418

A sad report of a man who used his phone in the bath while it was connected to the charger and was electrocuted.

Having dealt with a case where somebody decided to end it all on Christmas Day by climbing into a bath clutching an electric fire, it's not something I'd treat lightly.

It does raise some issues. Are people so dependant on their phones that they use them in the bath? I'd have thought that the risk of damaging a phone in water would have deterred most people. Although it seems this is not a frequent manner of death, there seems to be concern that the instructions don't include a specific warning. Who might read it?

Man was a PRAT

"Are people so dependent on their phones that they use them in the bath"

at least he only killed himself, car drivers kill others
freeflow

Post by freeflow »

Stupidity is not a survival trait. Nuff said.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mrs Mick F is cleaning up in the kitchen and she's just emptied the crumb tray under the toaster. She's wiping down the outside of the toaster, and I suggested she dropped it into the sink and gave it good clean.

She refused, so I suggested she switch it off and unplug it first :wink: .................... but she still refused.

If it were up to me, I'd put it in the sink and give a good boogie-ing in soapy water and rinse well afterwards. Leave it outside in this glorious April sunshine ................ but she won't let me.
Mick F. Cornwall