FILUMS ..to see.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cyril Haearn

Re: FILUMS ..to see.

Post by Cyril Haearn »

mercalia wrote:I read on the BBC that they intend to redo some of it. Maybe more furry breasts :lol:

Or some dogs :wink:
Cats are all much the same, dogs vary a lot
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Yesterday I went thru the 10 eps of the 2nd Season of Lost in Space - much better than the first season
Today I finished the 3rd season of The Last Kingdom. ( the little scheming would be king runt got his come-uppance at last.)

Both these series are top notch ( now )
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

mercalia wrote:Yesterday I went thru the 10 eps of the 2nd Season of Lost in Space - much better than the first season
Today I finished the 3rd season of The Last Kingdom. ( the little scheming would be king runt got his come-uppance at last.)

Both these series are top notch ( now )

"The Last Kingdom" was excellent - as was "Vikings".
(And for a bit of tongue in cheek I really enjoyed "Norsemen")

I watched the first season of "Lost in Space" and thought it was pants, I guess I could suffer season 2 - but it really needs to be a lot better.

Just finished the last ep of "The Expanse".

Still got a couple of episodes of "Rick & Morty" along with "His Dark Materials" (and "Seven Worlds" for non sci-fi).

There's "The Witcher" and the "Picard" series too, I'll give them a go I think.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

re The Last Kingdom. I will miss the scheming runt who wanted Alfred's throne. Not sure if the next season will be any good without him? So many characters have gone incl Alfred. Utred is a rather plain character? I suspect it will go down hill now and the next season the Last of the Last Kingdom?

The Vikings, I still have the last season to watch, Got a bit weary after the first few seasons. and again it went downnhill when they contrived to send Ragnor to the north to meet his maker in the snake pit. After that the characters were just puppets rather than sources of what happens. As for Ivor getting to escape on a cart just wearing a hood is the stupidest device just to allow another season ( the last one)
Last edited by mercalia on 12 Mar 2020, 4:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

The Ninth Gate. Rather dated now

I watched this again last night. A good film seriously marred by Depp lighting up a fag at every opportunity. In the end its gets to be a bit of a joke. Rather dated now as he was puffing away even inside public spaces. Even the 2 old geezers/twins in I think in Portugal or Spain who he visits were puffing away and the ash falling on the priceless book. If I was LCF I would be waiting for them when they come down below as surley such a montrous handling of old texts is beyond belief & needs punishment. And the socalled experts were quite happy to handle the books with bare hands letting all their finger grease contaminate them. I wonder why Roman Polanski thought fags were so cool to figure them so prominantly? One instance was even funny as it was bent, clearly Depp rolls his own
Reddington

Post by Reddington »

Watched this with the wife last night.It's 9 years old but some of the similarities with COVID-19 could be quite uncomfortable for some.
Apparently there are a few conspiracy theories surrounding the film and the current virus but given the similarities and the current influence of social media there was bound to be.
Not a bad watch by any means.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

If you have Netflix. the Norwegian short tv series - Ragnarok

It is a modern day reworking of the Viking Ragnarok myth about the battle between the gods ( Thor ) and the Giants set in modern day small Norwegian town called Edda, about the themes of pollution, exploitation and power. It is only 6 episodes but quite compelling viewing. Is only in Norwegian so you have to use subtitles, and since some bits are spoken on old norse (god-speak) getting subtitles for both Norwegian and Old Norse maybe a problem. There is a bit of homour: The giants are are a bit decadent prefering to watch tv and baking cakes for the local running class or running the local factory, ratherthan engage in titanic struggles these days - that is until Thor turns up. Some great scenary

[youtube]7H9AaiBLHCo[/youtube]
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Yippee, cinemas may open on the fourth of July
God shave America!
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Yippee, cinemas may open on the fourth of July
God shave America!

you mean you actually go to them? to see films on those tiny screens you get these days? The days of those mammoth Odeon screens are gone, those where the says of "Cinema". I prefer to watch them on my tiny screen at home. wont get an covid-19 also
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

mercalia wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Yippee, cinemas may open on the fourth of July
God shave America!

you mean you actually go to them? to see films on those tiny screens you get these days? The days of those mammoth Odeon screens are gone, those where the says of "Cinema". I prefer to watch them on my tiny screen at home. wont get an covid-19 also

Yes I do, there is a big one right near my new home, not been there yet, I need to get out more
There is nothing like the excitement of watching a film with hundreds of strangers, the smell of popcorn, squealing kiddies :wink:
Besides, one learns more, at some screenings experts introduce the films and take questions
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

During the initial weeks of lockdown I was on Netflix/Youtube watching far too much TV but watched all of the Rapha Film documentaries on Youtube about gravel riding and the Movistar series. One film on Netflix that started off with an amateur cyclist/journo wantin to see what effect PEDs would have on his performance and lead to far greater consequences was Icarus.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

At last, a cycling film! Going to see 'The Climb' next week :wink:
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Contagion, obs... imagine my howls of pain when they killed off Reading's loveliest daughter early in reel 2 !! :cry:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

"Official Secrets"
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Of ... M%3dSNAPST
We watched this and quite enjoyed it. Based on fact but I don't remember anything about it.
Took me a few minutes to get into it but glad I did.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I was given last week end the set of Marvel Avenger films ( Assembly, Ultron, Infinity Wars , Endgame) and was expecting a great view. What a let down, the relentless action sequences did my head in ( does any one really folow the details of them) and the characters I couldnt really care less about. Thanos should have won and did all the Avengers in is my take, would have done us all a favour

[youtube]9VrjneFdZFI[/youtube]