How best to sell my bicycle company?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
HoWB Dave

How best to sell my bicycle company?

Post by HoWB Dave »

I am a director of a company in the bike trade. I wish to sell up and get out. Since the reason for sale is primarily lack of energy and poor health there is ample scope for a dynamic individual to expand greatly. We are exclusive importers of products some of which have been reviewed in Cycle Magazine.

The company trades out of premises that is owned by myself. We are based in a small town in a rural area. As with many smaller provincial bike dealerships the walk in trade is poor but it has a successful internet retail component. The internet business is viable and has a good reputation.

I would like to sell the business in its entirety and with discretion. I think the quiet location with good opportunities for road and mountain cycling requires somebody who wishes to move from a successful career to a vocation that puts them control of their life work balance. What is the best way to market such an enterprise?

David
Edwards

Re: How best to sell my bicycle company?

Post by Edwards »

I have no great ideas to help you, but hope you find somebody to buy you out.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

The railings look rather ornate outside the shop. I'll let others have some fun with their GoogleFu trying to find the shop name and location, it won't be too hard.
Have you considered an ad in BikeBiz, the trade mag?
HoWB Dave

Post by HoWB Dave »

Redvee wrote:The railings look rather ornate outside the shop. I'll let others have some fun with their GoogleFu trying to find the shop name and location, it won't be too hard.
Have you considered an ad in BikeBiz, the trade mag?

Yes it's a nice building the company currently occupies, however I expect the future owner will probably soon outgrow it and need purpose built space.

Yes I did look at BikeBiz who were supposed to get back to me. I was trying this forum primarily for advice but had not ruled out that "somebody might know someone" looking to get into that game. With an internationally renowned bike museum nearby I was thinking they might know interested parties through their mailing list.