What Corbyn Needs To Do Now

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pwa

Re: What Corbyn Needs To Do Now

Post by pwa »

meic wrote:An easy sell to the right person.

I see what you did there. :D
meic

Post by meic »

But he has been laying the groundwork for some wars

Come now, dont be so generous, give credit where credit is due. It was Hilary (under Obama's watch) who did all of the work there, things have slipped a bit since he came into power. She wouldnt have wasted this much time if elected, we would be in there already.
Yma o Hyd
pwa

Post by pwa »

meic wrote:
But he has been laying the groundwork for some wars

Come now, dont be so generous, give credit where credit is due. It was Hilary (under Obama's watch) who did all of the work there, things have slipped a bit since he came into power. She wouldnt have wasted this much time if elected, we would be in there already.

We are going well off topic here, but I am pretty sure that Trump is more likely to start armed conflict with North Korea than Hilary would have been, or Obama was. And North Korea has serious military capability combined with fanaticism and a lack of moral inhibitions. Neighbouring nations have real reasons to be concerned about Trump. We knew the North Koreans were barking, but now.... Fingers crossed.
meic

Post by meic »

The South Koreans have just elected a new leader who wants to calm things down between the USA and North Korea. I wouldnt be more surprised to hear this started after Trumps election than before.
I would agree that he has shuffled the pack a little to raise North Korea nearer to the top, though I think that is more due to lowering the others than raising Korea.

Clinton was pointing her guns towards Russia and Trump is re-aiming them towards China.
Yma o Hyd
pwa

Post by pwa »

meic wrote:The South Koreans have just elected a new leader who wants to calm things down between the USA and North Korea. I wouldnt be more surprised to hear this started after Trumps election than before.
I would agree that he has shuffled the pack a little to raise North Korea nearer to the top, though I think that is more due to lowering the others than raising Korea.

Clinton was pointing her guns towards Russia and Trump is re-aiming them towards China.

My own feeling is that the tension around North Korea brings the world closer to large scale war than we have been for decades. If it does turn into war it will make Iraq and Afghanistan look like tame affairs. The real suffering will be for the people of Korea, North and South, who will not be able to get out of the way. I imagine Jeremy C would say this is a situation that needs a maximum of diplomacy and bridge building, and on that he would be right.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pwa wrote:
meic wrote:The South Koreans have just elected a new leader who wants to calm things down between the USA and North Korea. I wouldnt be more surprised to hear this started after Trumps election than before.

My own feeling is that the tension around North Korea brings the world closer to large scale war than we have been for decades. If it does turn into war it will make Iraq and Afghanistan look like tame affairs. The real suffering will be for the people of Korea, North and South, who will not be able to get out of the way. I imagine Jeremy C would say this is a situation that needs a maximum of diplomacy and bridge building, and on that he would be right.

Whereas our present PM would simply fall in with whatever the US did,should such a situation present itself......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden