Trump AGAIN?????????

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Trump AGAIN?????????

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41683708

He's a gift that keeps on giving. Like receiving a dog turd in a box, as an example.

Excuse my inelegance of phrase, but I'm struggling with this most despicable of individuals.

He is that dog turd,topped off with an orangey tone :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-uk-crime-rise-radical-islamic-terror-twitter-police-us-president-no-evidence-a8010851.html wrote:Donald Trump links UK crime rise to ‘radical Islamic terror’, despite complete absence of evidence to support claim
In an early morning tweet the President said: “Just out report: ‘United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.’ Not good, we must keep America safe!”

Do Americans still believe the twaddle this man keeps outpouring? He seems ready to keep accusing news media of "Fake News" yet seems to do little beyond make up rubbish himself. Have the American people not realised this yet?

Ian
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Psamathe wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-uk-crime-rise-radical-islamic-terror-twitter-police-us-president-no-evidence-a8010851.html wrote:Donald Trump links UK crime rise to ‘radical Islamic terror’, despite complete absence of evidence to support claim
In an early morning tweet the President said: “Just out report: ‘United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.’ Not good, we must keep America safe!”

Do Americans still believe the twaddle this man keeps outpouring? He seems ready to keep accusing news media of "Fake News" yet seems to do little beyond make up rubbish himself. Have the American people not realised this yet?

Ian

Yes, at least many, and no, at least many, respectively. At least if my US Buddy speaks true, and I'm sure he does.
hjd10

Post by hjd10 »

Psamathe wrote:

Ian

Trump will turn America into a Dystopia, a bit like Back to the Future.
https://youtu.be/S4m848bh1iY
Last edited by hjd10 on 20 Oct 2017, 12:34pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

hjd10 wrote:
Psamathe wrote:

Ian

Trump will turn America into a Dystopia.

I don't think he will. Most people are fundamentally decent I believe, even if they are, on occasion, misguided and gullible.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

I didn't like how trump referred to 'my generals' in what he said either. They are not 'his', they are the USA's generals.
That's dictator-speak. In his case, tinpot-dictator speak.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Flinders wrote:I didn't like how trump referred to 'my generals' in what he said either. They are not 'his', they are the USA's generals.

I find it annoying when people refer to him (or any US President) as "Leader of the Free World" - for obvious reasons.

Ian
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Psamathe wrote:
Flinders wrote:I didn't like how trump referred to 'my generals' in what he said either. They are not 'his', they are the USA's generals.

I find it annoying when people refer to him (or any US President) as "Leader of the Free World" - for obvious reasons.

Ian

He would be overpromoted as the Leader of Flea World
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Psamathe wrote:

Ian

There are always laddres
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Psamathe wrote:

Ian

It is up to the US to call him out

The recent "He knew what he signed up for" debacle is a classic

A number of reputable individuals report the incident, and Trump simply dismisses them as liars and states that it is "Fake News" and he has proof

OK - call him out, issue legal proceedings, whatever it takes to make him show the proof that the has (or more. like hasn't)
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

To many, it's yet further evidence that the political establishment is trying to stitch up their man. Let's face it, they bought the ticket in the first place.
661-Pete

Re: Who???? AGAIN?????????

Post by 661-Pete »

Latest is, he seems to be forgetting names. Even the name of a dead US serviceman whose widow he was phoning....
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41724827
I wish everyone in USA would 'forget' the name and face of the incumbent POTUS. Then, when next he tries stomping into the White H after a round of golf, the security guys stop him and challenge: "Who the hell are you?" With any luck, if he persists in pushing his way through, they draw their trusty Colt 45s and finish him off on the spot......

One can dream, can't one?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
meic

Post by meic »

I think that they are in fact his Generals just as "our" Government is Her Majesty's Government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure ... med_Forces

My Lords and Members of the House of Commons.

My government’s priority is to secure the best possible deal as the country leaves the European Union. My ministers are committed to working with Parliament, the devolved administrations, business and others to build the widest possible consensus on the country’s future outside the European Union.
Yma o Hyd
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

meic wrote:I think that they are in fact his Generals just as "our" Government is Her Majesty's Government.
Yes, but (correct me if I'm wrong), the United States Constitution begins with the words We, the People, surely? It doesn't begin with the words I, the President, does it?

Of course, the UK has no written constitution so the Queen (who has no executive powers under the unwritten Constitution) is perfectly entitled to say My Government...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

meic wrote:.....
I think that they are in fact his Generals just as "our" Government is Her Majesty's Government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure ... med_Forces

My Lords and Members of the House of Commons.

My government’s priority is to secure the best possible deal as the country leaves the European Union. My ministers are committed to working with Parliament, the devolved administrations, business and others to build the widest possible consensus on the country’s future outside the European Union.

I thought the UK Government was Theresa Mays's. She keeps talking about "My Government ...". e.g. "Theresa May: My Government will deliver the will of the British people by taking us out of the European Union", "“Yes ... I‘m here for the long term and it’s crucial, what me and my government are about is not just delivering on Brexit", etc. Queen and May might need a chat to decide whose Government it is ... fight, fight, fight. In reality it ought to be ours ... at least if we lived in a democracy it would be.

Ian