Trump AGAIN?????????

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Trump AGAIN?????????

Post by [XAP]Bob »

661-Pete wrote:Reports that Drumpfh looked at the (partially) eclipsed sun without eye protection, today. Probably not long enough to do any damage. But stooooopid! :shock:

Would a blinded POTUS be any more amenable to reason? At least he wouldn't be reading drivel off his autocue. He'd have to make it up as he went along, hence more prone to stumbles.

Alas - probably not. I'm mindful of the character 'Blind Pew' in in Treasure Island. Totally blind, but (IIRC) one of the nastiest pieces of work in the book....

We have the greatest sun, it's so great even I had to squint a bit...
Attachments
mc.jpg
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Reports he's hit another "target" (achieved great things or at least a lot of things")

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-false-claims-us-president-fact-check-1000-obamacare-fighter-jets-tweets-biggest-a7906351.html wrote:Donald Trump 'has made more than 1,000 false claims' since becoming US President
The billionaire's bombastic style and frequent Twitter tirades have steered him into untruth a total of 1,057 times since taking office on 20 January, according to the Washington Post's fact-checking team.

Ian
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oh my dear goodness. It's come to something when a POTUS does this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41570266

When will the wheels fall off?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:Oh my dear goodness. It's come to something when a POTUS does this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41570266

When will the wheels fall off?

Just good old boys doin' what do best..... :?

.......Makin' an ass of each other :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I appreciate his daily antics continually beggar belief, but one I found particularly shocking today:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-widow-soldier-coffin-he-knew-what-he-signed-up-for-president-green-beret-niger-coffin-a8006196.html wrote:Donald Trump tells grieving widow of US soldier 'he knew what he signed up for' minutes before she wept over coffin
Myesha Johnson was riding in a limousine with her family to meet the casket at Miami International Airport when Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, who was travelling with the family, overheard a phone call from the President.
Speaking to CNN, Ms Wilson said: "Basically he said, 'Well I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurts’.”

"I heard what he said because the phone was on speaker."

Ian
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

A man entirely devoid of grace. Not a man.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

He had to make the phone call because he was busy playing golf when the bodies of the fallen were returned to the US.

<< warning, strong language >>
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... 9f4839b525
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Hmmm.... so he sent 'letters' to the families of killed US servicemen?

I expect some of these letters will be put to good use - in the loo.... :twisted:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

661-Pete wrote:Reports that Drumpfh looked at the (partially) eclipsed sun without eye protection, today. Probably not long enough to do any damage. But stooooopid! :shock:

The guys a moron of the highest order but the don't look at the sun malarkey wheeled out each eclipse is a bit over the top. It takes a fairly sustained stare (at least a minute) in order to permanently damage the retina. The kind of hype around eclipses implies the sun is suddenly more dangerous than it is normally! A look of the nature he did in that photo would do little more than result in some after images.

The danger with eclipses is when it is close to totality, the intensity of the light from the part of the sun still visible is still the same but the overall volume of light is much reduced. The eye's automatic response regarding contracting pupil, pain, squinting and an urge to look elsewhere does not activate and so it is easy to manage the required minute or two stare inadvertently.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
hjd10

Post by hjd10 »

Psamathe wrote:I appreciate his daily antics continually beggar belief, but one I found particularly shocking today:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-widow-soldier-coffin-he-knew-what-he-signed-up-for-president-green-beret-niger-coffin-a8006196.html wrote:Donald Trump tells grieving widow of US soldier 'he knew what he signed up for' minutes before she wept over coffin
Myesha Johnson was riding in a limousine with her family to meet the casket at Miami International Airport when Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, who was travelling with the family, overheard a phone call from the President.
Speaking to CNN, Ms Wilson said: "Basically he said, 'Well I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurts’.”

Ian

Not the best comment from the commander and chief! I was surprised by George W as he still arranges and takes part in events for injured servicemen, one of these is with the Ride to Recovery group. He appears to be quite a humble person in comparison to Trumpy!
I could imagine Trump might give them a discount at one of his golf courses, if they are lucky.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

hjd10 wrote:
Psamathe wrote:I appreciate his daily antics continually beggar belief, but one I found particularly shocking today:

Ian

Not the best comment from the commander and chief! I was surprised by George W as he still arranges and takes part in events for injured servicemen, one of these is with the Ride to Recovery group. He appears to be quite a humble person in comparison to Trumpy!
I could imagine Trump might give them a discount at one of his golf courses, if they are lucky.

He is a decent man. Misguided on occasion, to say the least, but fundamentally decent.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:
hjd10 wrote:

Ian

He is a decent man. Misguided on occasion, to say the least, but fundamentally decent.

Who?
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Dubbaya
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41683708

He's a gift that keeps on giving. Like receiving a dog turd in a box, as an example.

Excuse my inelegance of phrase, but I'm struggling with this most despicable of individuals.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:Dubbaya

Thought so :)
W H Auden