Trump AGAIN?????????

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Trump AGAIN?????????

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:Actually, if you took just 3 seconds to read the tweet you posted you'll see Khan was talking about Trump's view of Islam and was not calling him an ignorant. And ignorant person (in a general context) is very different from holding ignorant views on a specific subject (i.e. the individual is ignorant of the facts). In Khan's tweet he is commenting of Trump's views of Islam. Surprised you can't see the difference.

Ian

There's non so blind as them that will not see.
I've been posting that a lot lately,one or two people on here seem intend on poking their own eyes out with a sharp implement the reading what's not there in a darkened room..........
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pwa

Post by pwa »

Psamathe wrote:
pwa wrote:Does anyone think that May sees things as Trump does? I don't. I don't think anyone does. And when she says the USA has a right to determine their own policies on this or that, what she is clearly doing is avoiding expressing her own views which, if expressed, would be critical. The USA has a political leader who tweets every little demented thought he has, with no pause for reflection. May does the opposite.

But senior politicians are regularly telling us how we "speak frankly and honestly as friends" to others. So why not the US. My own interpretation of May's comments is that she is trying to repeat the Thatcher-Regan relationship and she is again putting the UK in a subservient position, clearly indicating the UK will do what the US wants, when the US wants, how the US wants, when the US wants.

I do think in some areas May's opinions are aligned with Trump's.

Ian

My interpretation is that she does not agree with a lot of what he says and does, but does not want to enter into a confrontation that could only damage our interests. I'm sure she will see him as a fool for getting into silly spats on Twitter. Note that she hasn't joined Trump in his daft attack on Khan.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I see Trump has claimed credit for the isolation of Qatar by it's neighbours,no mention of Saudi Arabia's human rights obscenities :?
W H Auden
dodger

Post by dodger »

Trump and the shadowy money men behind him are not a joke, unfortunately. People wrote Hitler off at one stage -a bit prematurely!
It's difficult to know what motivates him but he acts like a spoiled child who has always had his own way and can't bear to be told he's wrong.
The trouble is he can do more than just stamp his feet and shout. I hope the FBI get the goods on him and he goes asap.
I also wish dear Teresa would put a sensible distance between our countries. There is no "special relationship". The US only does what it wants and makes a profit out of it.
Oh, and I wasn't going to rant on!
blackbike

Post by blackbike »

dodger wrote:Trump and the shadowy money men behind him are not a joke, unfortunately. People wrote Hitler off at one stage -a bit prematurely!

The people who mention Hitler when speaking of Trump are often the same people who thought Obama was such a wonderful president even though the Nobel Peace Prize winner set new records for continuous bombing of foreign countries, oversaw a disastrous foreign policy which let the middle east in a complete mess and left his own country more racially, socially and economically divided than when he took office.

If they are as wrong about Trump as they were about Obama the Donald will be one of the most popular US presidents ever, ranking alongside Washington, Lincoln and FDR.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

pwa wrote:Does anyone think that May sees things as Trump does? I don't. I don't think anyone does. And when she says the USA has a right to determine their own policies on this or that, what she is clearly doing is avoiding expressing her own views which, if expressed, would be critical. The USA has a political leader who tweets every little demented thought he has, with no pause for reflection. May does the opposite.

Yes weak and wobbly May hasn't the courage to express any views critical of Trump.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

pete75 wrote:
Yes weak and wobbly May hasn't the courage to express any views critical of Trump.

I'm not a supporter of May ... but why would she criticise Trump ... what is the point ...
The whole world watches his embarrassing (for the American people) pronouncements ....
But he was elected ..ish ....

Weak and wobbly May, ... Terrorist apologist Corbyn ....Pointless Farron ......

Not our greatest election looming is it ....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

landsurfer wrote:
pete75 wrote:

I'm not a supporter of May ... but why would she criticise Trump ... what is the point ...
The whole world watches his embarrassing (for the American people) pronouncements ....
But he was elected ..ish ....

Weak and wobbly May, ... Terrorist apologist Corbyn ....Pointless Farron ......

Not our greatest election looming is it ....

Perhaps because of his unwarranted and unjustified criticism of the mayor of her capital city. Is Trump a terrorist apologist?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

pete75 wrote:
Perhaps because of his unwarranted and unjustified criticism of the mayor of her capital city. Is Trump a terrorist apologist?

Good point .... Discuss .....
Be more Mike.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

landsurfer wrote:
pete75 wrote:

I'm not a supporter of May ... but why would she criticise Trump ... what is the point ... ....

Well maybe you should ask her ... why she has. Seems she's finally realised public sentiment and is desperate for votes and has, after 2 days spoken out!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-donald-trump-sadiq-khan-london-attack-terrorism-tweets-a7775771.html wrote:Theresa May has finally criticised Donald Trump over his comments about Sadiq Khan following the London Bridge attacks, two days after the President's outburst.

Which is probably worse than just sticking to doing nothing. If she thinks it serious enough to speak-out then speak out. If she thinks it best to poodle-up to Trump, then poodle away. But to waver for 2 days is beyond pathetic.

She keeps sending this message that she keeps changing her mind - EU will have a field day and when she says "no" to something, they just wait a bit and maybe she'll say yes after a few days (or maybe weeks) but they now know all they have to do is wait and stick to their stance.

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Only polls but
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-impeachment-poll-favourability-job-approval-more-american-support-removal-latest-a7775781.html wrote:New polls find that more Americans support impeaching Donald Trump than approve of his job performance in the White House.

Just 36 per cent of voters polled approve of the job Mr Trump is doing compared to 43 per cent who support beginning the impeachment process.

And, as it's pretty well got progressively worse since the inauguration, one wonders how long the Republicans will tolerate it.

Ian
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Its amazing how many people, who criticise politicians, vilify them, call them "anathema".... would never stand in opposition to them .. myself included ...
We rage against them, but we wouldn't dare oppose them ...

Who are there real cowards ........

We sit in our bubbles .... and do nothing ..
Be more Mike.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

landsurfer wrote:Its amazing how many people, who criticise politicians, vilify them, call them "anathema".... would never stand in opposition to them .. myself included ...

It's amazing how many people criticise the Police (e.g failure to enforce laws) yet never put themselves forward to do the job.
It's amazing how many people criticise GPs yet fail to go to medical school ...
It's amazing how many people criticise bankers yet fail to ...

We pay professionals to do a job. We rightfully expect that if they take money to do that job that they are capable of doing it properly. A GP who messes-up badly gets struck-off. A Police officer who messes up loses they job. A politician who causes a disaster gets money showered on them from the taxpayer and all sorts of private sources.

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:. A politician who causes a disaster gets money showered on them from the taxpayer and all sorts of private sources.

Ian

And ex chancellors who fail miserably leaving the country in a worse state they took the job and helped lead it into a disastrous referendum get a part time job paying £600k pa and another job editing a newspaper :?
Not bad if you can get it :|
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

landsurfer wrote:Its amazing how many people, who criticise politicians, vilify them, call them "anathema".... would never stand in opposition to them .. myself included ...

Well they've got it sown up. To get elected in most places you need to be a candidate from a particular political party. The party has a local mafia which decides who will stand.