Trump AGAIN?????????

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
old_windbag

Re: Trump AGAIN?????????

Postby old_windbag » 24 Oct 2017, 10:51am

He should play a few rounds at Mar-a-Linga, then have a good drink at the 19th hole.

meic

Postby meic » 24 Oct 2017, 10:56am

In Trump's 1st 3 months of office he cost the same in travel/security as Obama & Biden (combined) did in 8 years!

Did you get that bit of information from the same "reliable" source?

Understandably I will not accept that on face value, given the enormous amount of misleading (and simply made up) stuff that is being posted about him.

Of course Trump will be spending more time in golf club/courses, he had built part of his life around them. George Bush spent a lot of time and (taxpayers') money flying to and from his ranch because ranches were his "thing". He had security details following him when he went for a bike ride. I dont suppose Trump has set a foot in a ranch or perched his backside on a saddle of any sort since coming in to office.
Yma o Hyd

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 24 Oct 2017, 10:57am

Besides, real Presidents fish

http://www.fla-keys.com/news/article/7108/

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » 24 Oct 2017, 12:12pm

Going to your own home (ranch) with no doubt many rooms and outbuildings to house security details is different from a public golf course / hotel complex that's open to the public. Where you have more security. Where the state has to pay for probably quite a few suites and rooms for his security. Excess cost to the state IMHO. It's a mild mind if corruption IMHO. Are there no local courses? Does he only go to his own courses? If so that's an abuse IMHO.

I'll say exactly what I think of Trump. He's corrupt and unfit to be POTUS.

No hands free trust for his business.
Cronyism through son in law, daughter, etc.
Golf trips to his own company which he hasn't really stood back from because of no blind trust for it.

There will be more issues I have with him but the above is enough for my opinion that he's unfit for office.

meic

Postby meic » 24 Oct 2017, 12:48pm

Anybody who is fit to get the job would not get elected.

So long as a POTUS is only fiddling expenses by letting out his golf club to his security staff then the rest of the world can rejoice.
It is the more major evils like threatening, destabilising and invading other countries in order to take their wealth which bothers me.
Yma o Hyd

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 4 Nov 2017, 10:01am

Thinking yesterday (after Trump had his Twitter account suspended), that there is a big outcry about Russian authorities (allegedly) using social media to put out "fake news" to confuse the electorate and help them achieve their own aims. Lots of people in the US seem to be considering ways to stop this.

But then what are the Russians doing in this regard that Trump isn't. Trump is using social media to spread his own "fake news" to deceive and mislead the electorate to achieve his aims - same as Russian government. If the US is seeking to clamp down of Russian Government using social media over "fake news" surely they should also be clamping down on their own government who are doing the same.

In fact it is ironic that Trumps wife is now leading a campaign against "cyber bullying" with her husband being a prominent (alleged) offender. And interestingly reported that Twitter seem to have granted Trump special bullying priveledges
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/donald-trump-twitter-deleted-account-what-happens-now-banned-removed-a8034971.html wrote: Twitter's official policy is that the president's newsworthiness excuses him from some of the rules ...

Ian

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 29 Nov 2017, 7:08pm

-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

djnotts

Postby djnotts » 29 Nov 2017, 7:32pm

reohn2 wrote:Latest,in case you missed it :? :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42166663

Pretty clear from the outset that Trump an extreme right wing racist. Ideally suited to a "special relationship" with the Brexit wing of the Tories. Wonder when he'll decide that May won't as easily roll over to USA ultra-capitalism waiting to flood in after Brexit as say Boris and that she has to go?

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 29 Nov 2017, 9:00pm

djnotts wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Latest,in case you missed it :? :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42166663

Pretty clear from the outset that Trump an extreme right wing racist. Ideally suited to a "special relationship" with the Brexit wing of the Tories. Wonder when he'll decide that May won't as easily roll over to USA ultra-capitalism waiting to flood in after Brexit as say Boris and that she has to go?

I suspect he's not, at least not unless he's truly undergone some Damascene conversion. He was a life-long Democrat until he fell out with them and realised that espousing these policies* was the way to go...

*as distinct from beliefs

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 29 Nov 2017, 11:46pm

Bonefishblues wrote:
djnotts wrote:

I suspect he's not, at least not unless he's truly undergone some Damascene conversion. He was a life-long Democrat until he fell out with them and realised that espousing these policies* was the way to go...

He's a selfseeking divisive capitalist of the worst kind ,end of.
His association with the worst kind of criminals is blatent and apparent for anyone who wishes to look.
A creep of the worst kind and a thoroughly bad example of the species.

EDITED for clarity
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 30 Nov 2017, 8:20am

Bonefishblues wrote:
djnotts wrote:

I think it is all about everybody talking about Trump. He will do anything to get everybody talking about him. His behaviour is now such that he has to get more and more extreme to keep everybody talking about him. "Grabbing ******" no longer has everybody talking about him and is even counter productive as it gets everybody talking about Hollywood or TV presenters rather than talking about Trump. So he has to get more extreme and use different tactics to bring the focus back to him.

Ian

djnotts

Postby djnotts » 30 Nov 2017, 8:55am

" He will do anything to get everybody talking about him." A few death camps and a bit of genocide will probably do it - and he certainly wouldn't have any qualms about inspiring that.

661-Pete

Postby 661-Pete » 30 Nov 2017, 9:36am

Words fail me, I'm afraid. :(
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 30 Nov 2017, 10:41am

Psychopathic by any other name?