Why is it always an Audi

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
chrisisaacbike
Posts: 18
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 3:20pm
Location: Evesham

Why is it always an Audi

Postby chrisisaacbike » 14 Jun 2017, 8:04pm

Hey you. [Inappropriate text removed]. There are walkers and people on horseback and nice animals , not that you ever see them as your stare vacuously through your screen. Most importantly of all, there is me on my bike enjoying the beautiful countryside and the fresh air.

Here is an idea, for you. Slow Down. Better still, die in your sleep. Tonight.


May your women be barren and your crops wither in the field.

User avatar
Paulatic
Posts: 4142
Joined: 2 Feb 2014, 1:03pm
Location: 24 Hours from Lands End

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby Paulatic » 14 Jun 2017, 8:43pm

Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/

User avatar
gaz
Posts: 13700
Joined: 9 Mar 2007, 12:09pm
Location: Kent, car park of England

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby gaz » 14 Jun 2017, 8:49pm

It isn't always an Audi. Poor driving standards from drivers of other brands of automobile are also available.

chrisisaacbike wrote:Better still, die in your sleep. Tonight.

Saddened that you would wish death upon anyone.

chrisisaacbike wrote:May your women be barren ...

Why? I appreciate that you may not want to wish the driver "boomshanka" but what have his women ever done to you?
Hand wash only. Do not iron.

pete75
Posts: 11719
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby pete75 » 14 Jun 2017, 9:47pm

gaz wrote:It isn't always an Audi. Poor driving standards from drivers of other brands of automobile are also available.

chrisisaacbike wrote:Better still, die in your sleep. Tonight.

Saddened that you would wish death upon anyone.

chrisisaacbike wrote:May your women be barren ...

Why? I appreciate that you may not want to wish the driver "boomshanka" but what have his women ever done to you?



chrisisaacbike wrote: Most importantly of all, there is me on my bike
Speaks volumes about the OP. Same attitude as the Audi driver I guess.

roubaixtuesday
Posts: 2178
Joined: 18 Aug 2015, 7:05pm

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby roubaixtuesday » 14 Jun 2017, 9:51pm

May your women be barren and your crops wither in the field.


Pfft. Your insults are as weak as your intellect.

You stinking billy-goat, you horned monster, you malevolent vituperator, father of lies and author of chaos… May Divine vengeance destroy you as an enemy of virtue, a parricide who tries to ruin wives and decency by mendacity, slanders, and most foul, false imputations. If you must be so scornfully arrogant, write your satires against those who debauch your wife. Vomit the putrescence of your stomach

Poggio Bracciolini (1380–1459)

mnichols
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Apr 2013, 4:29pm

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby mnichols » 14 Jun 2017, 11:08pm

If you hold this belief then I suspect that this is a case of confirmation bias. The same as people who ignore all the responsible cyclists and only remember the bad ones

brynpoeth
Posts: 11016
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby brynpoeth » 15 Jun 2017, 5:29am

pete75 wrote:
gaz wrote:It isn't always an Audi. Poor driving standards from drivers of other brands of automobile are also available.

chrisisaacbike wrote:Better still, die in your sleep. Tonight.

Saddened that you would wish death upon anyone.

chrisisaacbike wrote:May your women be barren ...

Why? I appreciate that you may not want to wish the driver "boomshanka" but what have his women ever done to you?



chrisisaacbike wrote: Most importantly of all, there is me on my bike
Speaks volumes about the OP. Same attitude as the Audi driver I guess.


It is a bit of "humour", not my taste but allowable I think. I think I might rather like to die in my sleep, but I not yet

The type of vehicle mentioned is indeed often badly, aggressively driven, maybe the drivers are angry after realising they paid so much more for no reason, for something almost identical to a Skoda
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life

User avatar
ChrisOntLancs
Posts: 527
Joined: 20 Oct 2016, 9:47pm

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby ChrisOntLancs » 15 Jun 2017, 5:30pm

audi is german for fast car slow driver

landsurfer
Posts: 4962
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby landsurfer » 15 Jun 2017, 5:55pm

It always used to be "Why is always a BMW" ......
For me, where i live it's, .. " Why is it always young females driving like maniacs" .....
Ulster will fight, and Ulster will be right ... Carson.
The Road Goes On Forever ...

mnichols
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Apr 2013, 4:29pm

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby mnichols » 15 Jun 2017, 8:13pm

brynpoeth wrote:
The type of vehicle mentioned is indeed often badly, aggressively driven, maybe the drivers are angry after realising they paid so much more for no reason, for something almost identical to a Skoda


I've just sold my Audi and can honestly say I was never angry that I hadn't bought a Skoda, nor did I ever drive it aggressively

I live very near an Audi Garage and so see them often and never had a problem. If I did now have a problem with one, given how many I see I would have to say that there is no correlation

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 9113
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby 661-Pete » 15 Jun 2017, 9:14pm

Paulatic wrote:Speaking of an Audi driver :D
https://www.facebook.com/dashcamnetwork ... nref=story

That link doesn't work for me, but you can see the same video here:

N.B. no blood, gore or body bits involved - just a good larf! :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 9113
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby 661-Pete » 15 Jun 2017, 9:19pm

brynpoeth wrote:I think I might rather like to die in my sleep, but I not yet
Sorry, but I cannot help but be reminded of that old joke:
'When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not wide awake and screaming like all his passengers...'

IGMC.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

User avatar
Audax67
Posts: 4495
Joined: 25 Aug 2011, 9:02am
Location: Alsace, France
Contact:

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby Audax67 » 16 Jun 2017, 3:28pm

We just bought our third Audi. Still have the second one: at 18 years old and 256,000 km it still feels solid, and has had no problems beyond having to have the wheels replaced because two dogs peeing regularly on aluminium does narsty things. Should have anticipated that. If the new one lasts as well it'll see me out.

Audis don't have the rep over here that they do in the UK: here, they're as common as get out and only the great big black ones with SUV pilot fish front and rear raise eyebrows.

BMWs, though, that's another matter. Heh: in French they're just called BMs, which always reminds me of Cheery Nurse: "And have we had a BM today?"

Who put the BM in the BMW?
Have we got time for another cuppa?

old_windbag
Posts: 1869
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 3:55pm

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby old_windbag » 16 Jun 2017, 3:46pm

661-Pete wrote:That link doesn't work for me, but you can see the same video here:


The audi driver got booked for parking on a double yellow line, then the police booked themselves afterwards :) .

brynpoeth
Posts: 11016
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: Why is it always an Audi

Postby brynpoeth » 17 Jun 2017, 11:12am

661-Pete wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:I think I might rather like to die in my sleep, but I not yet
Sorry, but I cannot help but be reminded of that old joke:
'When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not wide awake and screaming like all his passengers...'

IGMC.


I find that old 'joke' in rather bad taste (see the first post), but I guess you are allowed to post it in the spirit of free speech

I prefer to make jokes against myself, I drive a Volkswagen, I am a harmless idiot :-))
Other makes of vehicle are available, some of them are driven by nasty idiots
Grr
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life