Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe
Posts: 9349
Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 8:56pm

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Psamathe » 15 Feb 2018, 2:39pm

kwackers wrote:
mercalia wrote:Does Corbyn want the job at the moment - Cameron was glad to go wasnt he?

I think anyone who wants the job right now must be an idiot - probably why bojo keeps popping his head up.
.....

I think Bojo has been forced into starting his leadership campaign the other day by Reese Mogg who started his bid for the job some time ago.

Ian

mercalia
Posts: 9408
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby mercalia » 15 Feb 2018, 2:49pm

Psamathe wrote:
kwackers wrote:
mercalia wrote:Does Corbyn want the job at the moment - Cameron was glad to go wasnt he?

I think anyone who wants the job right now must be an idiot - probably why bojo keeps popping his head up.
.....

I think Bojo has been forced into starting his leadership campaign the other day by Reese Mogg who started his bid for the job some time ago.

Ian


god help us if Mogg got to be PM - the unemployed would be set to work digging roads for a pittance, the homeless excluded from towns or city centres forced to live under fly overs out of town etc

Psamathe
Posts: 9349
Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 8:56pm

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Psamathe » 15 Feb 2018, 4:10pm

mercalia wrote:
Psamathe wrote:
kwackers wrote:I think anyone who wants the job right now must be an idiot - probably why bojo keeps popping his head up.
.....

I think Bojo has been forced into starting his leadership campaign the other day by Reese Mogg who started his bid for the job some time ago.

Ian


god help us if Mogg got to be PM - the unemployed would be set to work digging roads for a pittance, the homeless excluded from towns or city centres forced to live under fly overs out of town etc

But at least having all those kids up the chimneys sweeping them out would keep them off the streets.

Ian

brynpoeth
Posts: 8736
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby brynpoeth » 19 Dec 2018, 4:38pm

Six months form now, June 2019?

Thread resurrection suggested by mercalia :wink:
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras & STOP signs

Vorpal
Moderator
Posts: 16144
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 3:34pm
Location: Not there ;)

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Vorpal » 19 Dec 2018, 4:45pm

Psamathe wrote:But at least having all those kids up the chimneys sweeping them out would keep them off the streets.

Or maybe we should put the children in Westminster, and put the MPs to work sweeping something :wink:
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

reohn2
Posts: 32489
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby reohn2 » 19 Dec 2018, 4:50pm

Vorpal wrote:
Psamathe wrote:But at least having all those kids up the chimneys sweeping them out would keep them off the streets.

Or maybe we should put the children in Westminster, and put the MPs to work sweeping something :wink:

Could the MP's be trusted sweeping anything? :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 43883
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Mick F » 19 Dec 2018, 4:51pm

landsurfer wrote:Just re connecting the gas would be good enough ..... I think the tories turned it off but i'm sure someone will put me right.
Yes folks ....there is no mains gas in Northern Ireland !!
Yes there is.
https://selectra.co.uk/guides/energy-northern-ireland

Mains gas is in NI.
Mick F. Cornwall

rjb
Posts: 3058
Joined: 11 Jan 2007, 10:25am
Location: Somerset (originally 60/70's Plymouth)

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby rjb » 19 Dec 2018, 4:52pm

reohn2 wrote:
Vorpal wrote:
Psamathe wrote:But at least having all those kids up the chimneys sweeping them out would keep them off the streets.

Or maybe we should put the children in Westminster, and put the MPs to work sweeping something :wink:

Could the MP's be trusted sweeping anything? :?


No but they are very good at raking (it in) :lol:
At the last count:- Focus Variado, Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, 2 Dawes Kingpins, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, On One Pompino, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D

Vorpal
Moderator
Posts: 16144
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 3:34pm
Location: Not there ;)

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Vorpal » 19 Dec 2018, 4:57pm

reohn2 wrote:
Vorpal wrote:
Psamathe wrote:But at least having all those kids up the chimneys sweeping them out would keep them off the streets.

Or maybe we should put the children in Westminster, and put the MPs to work sweeping something :wink:

Could the MP's be trusted sweeping anything? :?

I dunno, but children in parliament has got be an improvement. :lol: :lol:
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

landsurfer
Posts: 4200
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby landsurfer » 19 Dec 2018, 5:51pm

Mick F wrote:
landsurfer wrote:Just re connecting the gas would be good enough ..... I think the tories turned it off but i'm sure someone will put me right.
Yes folks ....there is no mains gas in Northern Ireland !!
Yes there is.
https://selectra.co.uk/guides/energy-northern-ireland

Mains gas is in NI.


And available at high cost to less than 10% of the population ...... but it's there ....
RSF.
Audax UK.
The road goes on forever.

Oldjohnw
Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Oldjohnw » 20 Dec 2018, 9:53am

dunno, but children in parliament has got be an improvement. :lol: :lol:


Thought they already were.
John

Cycling and recycling

Vorpal
Moderator
Posts: 16144
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 3:34pm
Location: Not there ;)

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Vorpal » 20 Dec 2018, 11:36am

Oldjohnw wrote:
dunno, but children in parliament has got be an improvement. :lol: :lol:


Thought they already were.

Nah. Children would have more fun.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

reohn2
Posts: 32489
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby reohn2 » 20 Dec 2018, 2:03pm

Vorpal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Vorpal wrote:Or maybe we should put the children in Westminster, and put the MPs to work sweeping something :wink:

Could the MP's be trusted sweeping anything? :?

I dunno, but children in parliament has got be an improvement. :lol: :lol:

Certainly couldn't be any worse,what a shambolic bunch the present incumbents,not recumbents*,though they all may as well be recumbent* for the use they are

*apologies to recumbent cyclists,tricylists and quad cyclists,let they be no stain your character :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

brynpoeth
Posts: 8736
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby brynpoeth » 23 Jan 2019, 5:50am

There's a row going on, down near Slough :?

Hasan Patel, a supporter of Corbyn and a critic of elite education, won a place at Eton
Some people criticised him, I think he is right to take up his place to learn about what he criticses

Patel for PM in 20 years?
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras & STOP signs

Ben@Forest
Posts: 1645
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 5:58pm

Re: Corbyn to be PM within 6 months?

Postby Ben@Forest » 23 Jan 2019, 6:34am

brynpoeth wrote:Hasan Patel, a supporter of Corbyn and a critic of elite education, won a place at Eton
Some people criticised him, I think he is right to take up his place to learn about what he criticses


Half the 16 year olds at Eton will be socialists. They just won't act much like it by the time they're 25. Let's hope he's a match for their untamed wit.