I have a virus......

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Manx Cat

I have a virus......

Post by Manx Cat »

Its the 'na na na naaa na' virus.

Dunno what is coming over me these days, but when ever my bike out does the cars in the morning, I hear my self going 'na na na naaa na.... must be a virus!

THis virus is going to strike again at the end of March. The route I cycle to work is one of the main routes into Douglas the capital of the island and where 10,000 cars commute into every morning. (though not all using the same route of course).

At Governers bridge there is a roundabout. You folks would refer to it as a mini roundabout. Well, its getting a face lift as the route off the mountain road is very narrow and its getting widened.

So Governer's bridge is getting closed..... For 5 weeks!

This is going to seriously disrupt morning and evening traffic going and coming from Douglas for the rush hour.

I was thinking it might even effect me, as another route will add several miles to my journey, and I am already time poor cycling into work.

But it isnt.

Today, I found a footpath that cuts past the roadworks missing this chunk of road out completely. I have to walk part of it as its so muddy and undulating, but it only took me 5 minutes or so this morning on my practice run through.

I was singing 'na na na naa na' in practice for the end of March.

No sitting in a car in frustration for me. In fact, this route I normally take will be dead quite on the traffic front, as everyone peels off finding other routes into town.

Mary
gaz

Re: I have a virus......

Post by gaz »

Manx Cat wrote:Its the 'na na na naaa na' virus.

Highly contagious, as the condition develops it may cause your hand to rise spontaneously and wiggle your fingers on the end of your nose.