Acid Attacks - what do we do?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Boyd

Re: Acid Attacks - what do we do?

Post by Boyd »

mjr wrote:
Boyd wrote:
mjr wrote:No. We have a long and not-so-proud history of attacks with acid in the UK too (vitriol is the old common name for sulphuric acid), as pete75 mentioned earlier. Did the UK and France export the practice to the rest of the world, even?

Anything else you want to blame the UK for?

I don't particularly want to, but it's only fair to mention how long we've been doing it when people try to blame immigrants for it, as if this is a new problem, which it definitely isn't.

You have no proof that we exported acid attacks. We exported sulphuric acid how does that equate to exporting acid attacks.
It is a new thing in the UK. If it happened the past how does that result in it happening now?
if it is immigrants that are the main culprits then it reported as such and not as you believe censored.
<< censored >>
Boyd

Post by Boyd »

Tangled Metal wrote:I.thought the acid attacks were to steal mopeds. If so ride a bicycle not a moped and it's less of a risk..

For start of, it is not less of a risk unless you want to exclude all other possible injuries that can happen to cyclist.
You appear to be suggesting it is fault of the moped riders for riding mopeds. They are perfectly entitled to ride mopeds. How about car drivers they to could be attacked by these morons ,are they also responsible.
blackbike

Post by blackbike »

All I'm doing is avoiding the more cosmopolitan parts of our large cities.
Boyd

Post by Boyd »

blackbike wrote:All I'm doing is avoiding the more cosmopolitan parts of our large cities.

I am avoiding cities. They are all to cosmopolitan for my liking!! :D
mjr

Post by mjr »

Boyd wrote:
blackbike wrote:All I'm doing is avoiding the more cosmopolitan parts of our large cities.

I am avoiding cities. They are all to cosmopolitan for my liking!! :D

Could you try avoiding England entirely, please? ;)
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.