Being kept on my toes whilst riding.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Geoff.D

Being kept on my toes whilst riding.

Post by Geoff.D »

My County Council Highways Department is very helpful. It paints white outlines around the deeper potholes and the broken edges of the paved surface. This allows me to see them in advance and take evasive action. But, they paint only some of the deep potholes - so I'm kept on my toes to keep my concentration levels up.

Additionally, they don't paint the holes they choose in any regular pattern, nor at regular intervals. So, the demand to stay alert remains high, and I even get to practice my bike handling skills when coming across a "hopscotch" pattern of painted shapes.

And, finally, to make absolutely sure I don't fall asleep, they keep the white outlines after a sampling of the holes have been filled.

I've come to the conclusion that the Council's strategy to keep me on my toes is more effective in maintaining my mental acuity into old age than killer sudoku, samurai sudoko and writing posts on this forum.
PDQ Mobile

Re: Being kept on my toes whilst riding.

Post by PDQ Mobile »

:D
And that's all before you start dealing with the traffic!
You'll be bright as a button at 93.
cycleruk

Re: Being kept on my toes whilst riding.

Post by cycleruk »

With a bit of luck our Council sometimes fills the potholes before the paint wears off. :!:
And when they do fill them " beware the pot holes that stick up" ?
You'll never know if you don't try it.