touring training indoors

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
crazydave789

touring training indoors

Post by crazydave789 »

trying to motivate the missus into doing some training so we can go off on short tours around the midlands. she's grumbling about all the changes and upgrades I keep making to her bike.

so I fitted the spin bike with spd pedals to get her used to them but I've also managed to convince her that I can put panniers on it to get her used to the extra weight and balance.

has anyone fitted panniers to a spin bike and if so - HOW? :D
Vorpal

Re: touring training indoors

Post by Vorpal »

What would be the point of panniers on a spin bike? I could see it (maybe) on a bike on rollers.

The spin bike gets the resistance from a flywheel & weights. Panniers will make no difference to that whatsoever.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

maybe because it's a wind up hence the smiley, if she's gullible enough to do slimming world I can get a month or two out of this one,
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

crazydave789 wrote:maybe because it's a wind up hence the smiley, if she's gullible enough to do slimming world I can get a month or two out of this one,

:lol: :lol: I almost asked if it was a wind up...
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

my next idea is to put the front on blocks for hill training, after all they do it with treadmills.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

crazydave789 wrote:trying to motivate the missus into doing some training so we can go off on short tours around the midlands. she's grumbling about all the changes and upgrades I keep making to her bike.

so I fitted the spin bike with spd pedals to get her used to them but I've also managed to convince her that I can put panniers on it to get her used to the extra weight and balance.

you are kidding? maybe I have read you wrong? she not into touring?
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

mercalia wrote:
crazydave789 wrote:trying to motivate the missus into doing some training so we can go off on short tours around the midlands. she's grumbling about all the changes and upgrades I keep making to her bike.

you are kidding? maybe I have read you wrong? she not into touring?

shes more into narrow boating nowadays, just getting her on her bike is a challenge. mind you she is afraid of birmingham roads and I don't blame her.

trying to combine the two and persuade her to do canal towpaths or drop into the relief stations to use the free toilets and shower facilities
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Put the bike in the bath. Install a strong fan and turn on the shower. :shock:
Soon get used to touring weather. :roll:
Maybe leave the plug out to start with. :mrgreen:
You'll never know if you don't try it.