Where is Boris Johnson?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
661-Pete

Re: Where is Boris Johnson?

Post by 661-Pete »

He had a good old pop at the Grauniad the other day. This was about the Charlie Gard affair. They'd printed an anonymous article from a member of staff at GOSH, lamenting that "Donald Trump, the Pope, and Boris Johnson suddenly know more about mitochondrial diseases than our expert consultants".

Apparently, Bojo wrote in to explain that, contrary to popular belief, he doesn't know all that much about mitochondrial diseases. The Graun duly printed a correction.

So that's cleared that point up, then. :)
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mikeonabike

Post by mikeonabike »

Alleging that Bojo is an expert in something would be very damaging to his reputation. After all everyone knows that you can't trust experts, and so if people thought Bojo was an expert then they would never trust him again.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

The Guardian correction (which I did not see) looks more like the work of a (press) secretary?

Mr Johnson remains, in my view, the "Invisible Foreign Secretary"!
Does that mean he's see-through? :wink:
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

PDQ Mobile wrote:The Guardian correction (which I did not see) looks more like the work of a (press) secretary?
See here. OK I took a slight liberty..... :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

It looks as though he's rearing his head again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41298473

It seems he's even cosying up to Gove.

Good Lord. It's that time of year again: adverts on telly for buying a new three-piece suite for Crimbo; bike lighting reviews; not long till the annual discussion about clocks going back but, above all, only a couple of weeks till the Tory Conference. :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

^^^
:lol: :lol:

It's the Autumn Equinox soon.
Mick F. Cornwall
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well a local ( fundamentalist ) church has put up its Xmas lighting out side :shock: not even Halloween or November 5th yet :lol: Even Sainsbury's not yet that early...
pete75

Post by pete75 »

mercalia wrote:well a local ( fundamentalist ) church has put up its Xmas lighting out side :shock: not even Halloween or November 5th yet :lol: Even Sainsbury's not yet that early...

Now that is early - there's not even any easter eggs in the shops yet.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well well well! This plonker continues to amaze, as he stumbles his inexorable zigzag path from gaffe to gaffe. He's planted his foot in his mouth so many times, I wouldn't be surprised if toes start sprouting from his nether end......

So what's his next stunt? Chanting the horst wessel whilst visiting a synagogue?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

He wants to be the Englsh version of Trump I think?

Next he will do a PlayGirl nude :shock:
PH

Post by PH »

This was filmed in January and is being heavily publicised now. I can't find the reasoning and am certainly no friend of BJ, but I just get the sinking feeling we're all being played in a game that's not concerned with our interests.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PH wrote:This was filmed in January and is being heavily publicised now. I can't find the reasoning and am certainly no friend of BJ, but I just get the sinking feeling we're all being played in a game that's not concerned with our interests.

Party politricks within the Tory party?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

He misquoted it, too.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

PH wrote:This was filmed in January and is being heavily publicised now. I can't find the reasoning and am certainly no friend of BJ, but I just get the sinking feeling we're all being played in a game that's not concerned with our interests.

Also my thought. But then sometimes these things take time to get noticed by somebody who is prepared to leak them so I can see that there can be delays between event and leak. But as you say, undoubtedly somebody delayed release until an appropriate time.

But it could have been a single whistleblower in the original holder or higher anti-Boris "powers" playing the Party membership, no way of knowing.

In many ways thought even if we are being "played" it is actually little more than a reminder of what Boris is and how he seems totally inept (e.g. the Erdoğan limerick, etc. - pretty long list where we were not being "played").

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I see that Saint Theresa has today vows to remain Conservative Leader for "the long term".

And whilst I regard her as a disaster, incapable, incompetent, etc. when one looks at the two main other contenders Bobby and Rees-Mogg one does begin to wonder. I could see Blobby and Moggy both being worse than Theresa and whilst the idea of suggesting Chairman May should stay somewhat turns my stomach, is it a case of "out of the frying pan into the fire" (not that we have any say in the matter anyway - we are only talking about choosing our PM, leader of our government).

Ian