Count The Tank Slappers (Motorcycle)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Count The Tank Slappers (Motorcycle)

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I believe these bikes have computer controlled brakes and certainly auto clutches?
[youtube]OmNXCJt7K3Q[/youtube]
First 30 seconds is a giggle of this vid below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rh ... 27.1476328
Some good slow mo's in this of tyres.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcSnu-zyUl4
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
djnotts

Re: Count The Tank Slappers (Motorcycle)

Post by djnotts »

Braver and quicker - mph and reacting! - men than I. Once I got to 2 miles a minute, I couldn't think any faster!
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

wrong title? should be knee scrapers?
jazzkat

Post by jazzkat »

I don't know about computer controlled brakes but they have anti-wheelie technology so that if they start to wheelie the power is eased so that you don't flip them, I think the technology also stops the rear wheel spinning if you crack it open in the corners. They do have slipper clutches so that when you change down the rear wheel doesn't just lock up.
The most powerful bike I had was a 94 Fireblade and it had none of that, but probably half the power. It would still lift it's front wheel in second if you cracked the throttle open. Great bike. No motorbikes anymore, my last one was sold a couple of years ago, it was a 1956 BSA B31!

In my opinion the IoM TT has always been and will always be (until the safety brigade stop it) the premier race around the world. Many big name riders won't ride it because they feel it's too dangerous - no run off, dry stone walls and lamp posts, not to mention the general public and rogue animals inches away from the road. But a race on real world roads does indeed sort the men from the boys.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Yeah, the TT remains the ultimate test I think. I'm certainly not that brave.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

PS I did a slightly slower cycling time trial around the course earlier this year ( 2 hours 4 minutes... ). Rather shockingly I did have a tank slapped on the 30mph left handed past Creg Na Barr thanks to a poorly adjusted Mavic front hub bearing.