world cat day 3. September ..

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cyril Haearn

world cat day 3. September ..

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Why,even cats have a special day, it is also known for something else that happened in 1939

why do you love cats?

or not love them?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
ferrit worrier

Re: world cat day 3. September ..

Post by ferrit worrier »

This is Rosie one of two cats we rescued from a local cat sanctuary a couple of years ago, her brother Dexter is well to be frank, barmy!!! without fail if I'm upstairs and start to come down he'll leg it up stairs past me onto the landing and stand there looking round. Neither will drink water out of their bowls, we have to leave water in the bottom of the bath :roll:

Rosie is very timid, they both like the cat treats but it has taken nearly two years for Rosie to take one out of my hand, If I go into the kitchen and get the treat packet out within seconds I have two little faces peering round the corner of the freezer looking hopeful. We think they may have been ill treated at some time, neither will sit on a knee for a fuss, definitely not lap cats. Apparently they had spent a few years going from one sanctuary to another until Mrs FW saw them.

Rosie 020917.JPG
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

ferrit worrier wrote:This is Rosie one of two cats we rescued from a local cat sanctuary a couple of years ago, her brother Dexter is well to be frank, barmy!!! without fail if I'm upstairs and start to come down he'll leg it up stairs past me onto the landing and stand there looking round. Neither will drink water out of their bowls, we have to leave water in the bottom of the bath :roll:

Rosie is very timid, they both like the cat treats but it has taken nearly two years for Rosie to take one out of my hand, If I go into the kitchen and get the treat packet out within seconds I have two little faces peering round the corner of the freezer looking hopeful. We think they may have been ill treated at some time, neither will sit on a knee for a fuss, definitely not lap cats. Apparently they had spent a few years going from one sanctuary to another until Mrs FW saw them.

Rosie 020917.JPG

your cats cant be very bright. I used to share a flat with a guy who worked for Youngs the fish people, so our fridge was stocked full of fish, plaice, cod, scampie, shrimps, salmon, that had humm fallen on the floor so needed to be thrown away; anyway his cat used to open the fridge door and help himself. He was a ginger tom with white belly fur. nice cat he was.
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

We've had six cats during our 30 years of married life but have been catless for the last four years.

Only one (Tanya, the last one) lived long enough for a natural death from 'old age' (19) and being born a year before our daughter they kind of grew up together and Tanya's death hit everyone in our household hard - especially our daughter. Four out of the other five head-butted cars whilst the fifth just disappeared whilst very young.

We're content to have a break from cat ownership for a few more years and restart upon retirement.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

This was George. He was helping me type on the forum!
George Computer 2.jpg
He died (sadly) a few years ago, and he's buried in the back garden ............................ along with Annie, Seska and Tegan. Four cats all within a few yards of each other.

We have three now:
Sadie, a small black one, she keeps herself to herself.
Nellie, very self-sufficient and catches and eats rabbits. We don't need to feed her much!
Percy, a very soft-in-the-head tom. Loves Mrs Mick F and pines for her when she's out. An absolute baby and a wimp.
Mick F. Cornwall
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Caught in the act

dexie.JPG

Dexie having a drink :roll:
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

We currently have one cat, but I have normally had two or three at a time. We'll probably get some kittens from a neighbor later in the year.

I like cats because compared to a dog they are relatively low maintenance, and because they will come sit on or with me when I reading or something, and it's cozy.

I don't mind dogs, and I have had some. They're fun to take on walks and play with, but they also need the walks and play, which of course takes time.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

You haven't lived until you've lived next door to someone who had 20 cats!
There should be a law..........

BTW we love cats and upto 10 years ago always had one or two.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

There is a lot of maths on the www but even more cat pictures and videos, why?

Because it is possible to understand maths, but it is not possible to understand cats

Is it possible to understand dogs?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies