A funny thing happened on...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Si

A funny thing happened on...

Post by Si »

..the cycle path today.

Well, made I larf anyway.

Two adults with a child (approx 3 or 4yo?) between then, each holding one of said child's hands. Wandered into the segregated cycle path. I was approaching from behind them, so rang my bell in good time. You know how people will always go for the nearest edge to get to safety - well they both did this...without letting go of the child. One adult goes right, the other left, and with a shocked scream the child is rapidly hoisted up into the air as they pull her in opposite directions. I'd already started to slow, but could have carried on and collected the child on top my handlebars for full comedy effect.

Luckily one of them caught her so no harm done. The other looked down at the big image of a bike painted on the path and asked "oh, is this a cycle path?".

It's these little moments of comedy that keep us going....
horizon

Re: A funny thing happened on...

Post by horizon »

:D
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonderful!
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

the way to the forum.
I'll get my coat. :roll:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

rjb wrote:the way to the forum.
I'll get my coat. :roll:

Nah, just start singing...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.