The Uber Duber Dont Poll

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Do you support the Uber Clampdown (in London)?

Poll ended at 30 Sep 2017, 2:12pm

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 15

mercalia

The Uber Duber Dont Poll

Post by mercalia »

Any one here sympathetic the the Uber plight? They have had 5 years to get their act together in London and seem to have done nothing, hence the regulations clampdown. I heard the boss stirring up hatred for tfl by claiming it was a black cab stitch up, pathetic - seems like it has worked with the petition ( probably started by him or an alias ). Rather than that they should have apologised and humbly said they would deal with the issues. The boss seemed very unprofessional and it seems the "not fit" accusation by tfl appropriate?

Uber seems more appropriate to Bedrock than London?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41369617

An ex Uber drivers comments -

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/23/over-uber-london-driver-fares-rivals-work?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=244849&subid=7646217&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2
Last edited by mercalia on 23 Sep 2017, 2:35pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: The Uber Duber Dont Poll

Post by Mick F »

I only know what I've heard on the news over the years about this. From what I know, they are terrible employers and should be kicked into touch.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I'll bet that Uber is scuccessful in its challenge.
PH

Post by PH »

Bonefishblues wrote:I'll bet that Uber is scuccessful in its challenge.

You're probably right, but I think they'll have to make some changes first.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

PH wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I'll bet that Uber is scuccessful in its challenge.

You're probably right, but I think they'll have to make some changes first.

I agree, but again some of the reportage has been to give Uber a kicking, as is the usual way. C4 were castigating driver checks, not understanding that DBS checks cannot be done by Uber itself, for instance. (and they are still months behind in the Met area)
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Seems Uber weren't all bad:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-uber-london/uber-to-stop-using-diesel-cars-in-london-by-end-2019-idUKKCN1BJ19N

If I lived in London it would be the odious black cabs that I would like to see banned - not only for the heinous pollution they create but also for their constant lobbying against cycle infrastructure