Sell or store a frame?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Ash28

Re: Sell or store a frame?

Post by Ash28 »

I have a theory that people with no clutter just can’t be trusted:They are obviously just too ruthless.
The Only Cyclist In The Village
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Ash28 wrote:I have a theory that people with no clutter just can’t be trusted:They are obviously just too ruthless.

What about people like me?

I have too much clutter in my head, on my bookshelves, too many cycle parts, a bit like my auntie, she sorted bits of string and wool by length, she had a box marked *pieces of string too short to be of any use*
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Ash28

Post by Ash28 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Ash28 wrote:I have a theory that people with no clutter just can’t be trusted:They are obviously just too ruthless.

I have too much clutter in my head, on my bookshelves, too many cycle parts, a bit like my auntie, she sorted bits of string and wool by length, she had a box marked *pieces of string too short to be of any use*

They should be encouraged, Keep up the good work.
The Only Cyclist In The Village
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Life is a process..... ......everything is in flux,nothing is complete.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Ash28 wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:

They should be encouraged, Keep up the good work.

Just occurred to me, the tidiest place is my car, there is no junk lying around in the boot. I hardly use it :wink:
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Keep them all,you don,t know where your(cycling)life will lead you.Case in point;I had a raleigh special products mtb with a reynolds optima frame,i.e.steel of some kind,not used for 20 yrs and gathering dust.My wife had a heart attack and needed to exercise but was limited by other issues to some sort of recumbent bike.Bought one from argos but was not fit for purpose so it went back.I reckoned I could make something ex the raleigh which I did successfully(I,m not an engineer,just good diy level).
My 1970,s mercian is now my go to winter bike after appreciating the need for fatter tyres (37mm) with guards as age takes its toll.It now accomodates a modern ,700c wheel with cassette.
The point is ,both these bikes were surplus,until ,suddenly, I find a use for them.P.S. you can,t extend this principle into other areas.....there lies chaos.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

PH wrote:
Debs wrote:I think a lot depends upon how much sentiment you have with your Hewitt touring frame?

I don't think I'm emotionally attached to any of my bikes, any sentiment is likely to be along the lines of a good bike not being ridden.
I'm probably more financially attached to it, the idea that I haven't had value out of the recent costs ties me to it more than anything else.

Anything changed in the meantime?
Diolch
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Just occurred to me, the tidiest place is my car, there is no junk lying around in the boot. I hardly use it :wink:

:lol: :lol: I can relate to this.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Out over Xmas and parked up to visit M&S like you do after the hols :mrgreen:
Got out car and peered into a BMW.........footwell looked like my recycling bin....seen that often....must be a bachelor :?

Oh, I am currently up to 38 :) (frames)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
Out over Xmas and parked up to visit M&S like you do after the hols :mrgreen:
Got out car and peered into a BMW.........footwell looked like my recycling bin....seen that often....must be a bachelor :?

Oh, I am currently up to 38 :) (frames)

Still waiting for a full list of frames, could you describe one a day?

Maybe the energy police could check drivers hauling around too much stuff and give them points :? I am exemplary here, I took the back seat out to save 2 kg feeling smug :D
PH

Post by PH »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
PH wrote:
Debs wrote:I think a lot depends upon how much sentiment you have with your Hewitt touring frame?

I don't think I'm emotionally attached to any of my bikes, any sentiment is likely to be along the lines of a good bike not being ridden.
I'm probably more financially attached to it, the idea that I haven't had value out of the recent costs ties me to it more than anything else.

Anything changed in the meantime?
Diolch

All change - Broken frame on another bike*, replaced with a not quite like for like, has still left me with one too many bikes but it'll take a while to work out which one will go.

* My Rohloff bike which is the most used, I did look into modifying the Hewitt, but concluded it wasn't really viable.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I have TooManyBooks

I was wondering whether to dispose of some, because I will never read them all

But I have decided not to, because I am afraid of regretting letting go of some that might interest me later. They do not cost anything, just take up space and not too much of that because they are nearly all properly kept on the shelves

I only have two bikes, need to upgrade there I think