Burscough Girl in The Gambia

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Burscough Girl in The Gambia

Post by Mick F »

Mrs Mick F is off to The Gambia on Tuesday for a fortnight volunteering at a school and a hospital and she will probably go out again next year.

She's started a FB page about it.

Burscough Girl on here very occasionally, but always Hilary to me. :D
https://www.facebook.com/HilaryinTheGambia/
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Re: Burscough Girl in The Gambia

Post by al_yrpal »

Great stuff....aint retirement great! :D

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Good luck Hilary. Hope you have a good time.

Malc & Denise :D
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

I hope she really enjoys her trip.
I went to Banjul in the late 70s I did not get to see much as it was a one night stopover but it looked a lovely place.

Mick how will you get on for 2 weeks with no supervision. :wink: :D
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Relaxed.
That's how I'll be! :wink:
She's off tomorrow evening to Bristol Airport for a flight to Brussels, then another flight to Banjul via Dakar. Accommodation is in a rented flat with her friend who is a Plymouth hospital nurse who goes there regularly.

We'll be keeping in touch via WhatsApp as she can get WiFi every now and again. We're with Vodafone and they want £5 per day for coverage there, so free WiFi is the way forward. Email as well of course as she's taking her laptop, and her FB page will be buzzing.

She's got a new bank account and a card and I can transfer money into it via on-line banking, and she can use that to withdraw cash in Gambian Delasi from cashpoints. If her card is stolen, the thief won't be able to clear us out as I'll only transfer as she requires it. The card has no access to any other of our accounts.

Yes, it will be a relief after she gets away and safely there. It's been hectic here with all the kind donations from friends and her suitcases are stuffed with baby clothes, toothbrushes and condoms ............ let alone school books, pens, pencils, colouring books, exercise books and general stationary. She's made sure that her three suitcases when empty, will fit inside each other like Russian dolls! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

She's over Western Sahara at this moment, at 38,000ft doing 478knots.
https://www.flightradar24.com/BEL203/f1805f1
Mick F. Cornwall