Theresa's speech.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe

Re: Theresa's speech.

Post by Psamathe »

Now it's being reported (widely) that Saint Theresa is going to demote Boris. I wonder if this will provide an indication as to how much power she has e.g. demote him to Home Secretary=May pretty weak but demote him to toilet attendant=May feeling more confident/secure.
e.g. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-prime-minister-cabinet-reshuffle-boris-johnson-foreign-secretary-brexit-a7988781.html and https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/08/theresa-may-prepared-demote-boris-johnson

Trouble is that even as toilet attendant, Boris would still spend his time insulting people, upsetting others. For somebody with such an expensive education Boris is remarkably stupid.

Ian
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Psamathe wrote:For somebody with such an expensive education Boris is remarkably stupid.
As I recollect it, an 'expensive education' is no guarantee of intelligence. I - for my sins - spent my time as an undergraduate at Oxford (at least I wasn't paying for it). The college I was at, was littered with oafs of the 'hooray henry' type - mostly alumnae of Harrow rather than Eton, but little difference. They spent their time drinking, womanising, having noisy parties etc. If you've read Evelyn Waugh's satire Decline and Fall (or watched the recent TV drama), you'll know the type.

Incidentally, the fictitious 'Bollinger Club' featured in the novel, was based on the real-life Bullingdon Club in which Boris, Cameron, and various other Tory nobs participated. But, oddly enough, I don't recall ever having heard the word 'Bullingdon' during my time in Oxford. Clearly I needed to get out more, back then! I was evidently one of the 'quiet' ones - a sort of 'Paul Pennyfeather' if you like - though my subject was Physics, not Theology - and I've not been sent to jail! Yet! :oops:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

old_windbag wrote:But the whole world is allowed to stand united and laugh at this cream faced loon. :lol:

But if you see a woman charging towards you with a raised carrier bag run like hell :wink: .

He doesn't look unlike Trump facially does he?
Which is worrying in itself :shock:

PS,and he does have a rather unique hairstyle :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

reohn2 wrote:He doesn't look unlike Trump facially does he?

How bizarre, I was looking at this image when I posted it and thought he had the trump "micromouth"( we need to check for microhands too ). Perhaps DT visited a north korean brothel 35yrs ago on a business trip.

He clearly has a useless barber and seemingly plucks his eyebrows! I don't believe they grow that way. Needs to get a bike and shift the weight instead of farting about with rockets.