A Call to Revolution?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

A Call to Revolution?

Post by mercalia »

An interesting aticle from the Guardian that in plain terms calls the tax avoiders leeches or parastites of society that the establishment pussy foots around where as when it comes to the relatively minor problem of benefit cheats they are pursued with zeal and clobbered

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/07/paradise-papers-bankrupt-social-order-tax-avoiders?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=251331&subid=7646217&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2
reohn2

Re: A Call to Revolution?

Post by reohn2 »

Its because the rich buy the politrickians they want in power so they won't pursue them.
Look at the Tory party,look who funds it,listen to the noises they make,then look at their track record.
The party is rammed full of millionaires with it's coffers filled by billionaires.
The term is The Establishment.
At one time it was the kings and queens claiming God had put them where they were/are and backed up by the church,carrying out hienous crimes and punishements to anyone who opposed them,now a days they can't get away with it the same way as they used to and so have to resort to more weasel like lies and shenanigans to con the public and keep them under.
Yes things have got better but only because the people wouldn't put up with the Establishment's obvious lies once they'd educated themselve,but most have just turned their back on politics as they are sick ofmthe lies and double dealing,however a new dawn could be dawning
Now it's all hitting the fan just how corrupt the The Establishment is,I hope it has far reaching effects and the abusers are brought to justice,I won't be holding my breath though,but then maybe,just maybe we're at a tide turning moment,I sincerely hope so.

Money doesn't talk,it screams and buys abuse.......

Edited formtypos and clarification.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden