How many bikes can you count on this scrap heap

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: How many bikes can you count on this scrap heap

Post by mercalia »

an opportunity for a city to get some bike cheap?
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

pity the crane operators hadn't dumped the yellow bikes on top of the blue in the shape of something rude for google earth to image.

When the chinese all come on board with the western dream of each having a car then we will have problems, even if they are pushing electric vehicles. These still have their own resource issues as products that affect us worldwide. What is it about excess population that humans are simply either too stupid or too selfish to register :( .
horizon

Post by horizon »

There's more background here from earlier this year:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017 ... s-hangzhou

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes down between docked, dockless, other hire schemes and personally owned bikes (and electric bike share schemes.

The only thing that won't be scrapped now is the slightly odd use of the term "bike share".
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Understandable look of "....WHERE do I start...." on the face of the mechanic...."A mechanic from bike share company Ofo stands amongst damaged bicycles needing repair in Beijing". Poor man. There's a lifetime of work ....
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

"Errrrmmm .... excuse me, I dropped my seat post bolt somewhere in there. Could someone help me find it?"
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Abradable Chin

Post by Abradable Chin »

Someone in the comments asked whether they were mountain bikes.
I'd like a higher res picture of them so I could zoom in and enjoy the detail.
mjr

Post by mjr »

MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.