Harry is marrying Ms Merkel?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
RickH

Re: Harry is marrying Ms Merkel?

Post by RickH »

mercalia wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:The Grauniad reports: 19th of May is the day!

same as FA cup final day? I wonder who thought that one up. why not a week before or after?

seems to suggest arrogance or just living in a parallel universe?

Or a bit of common sense to stop the day being totally dominated by football. :lol:
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

RickH wrote:
mercalia wrote:

same as FA cup final day? I wonder who thought that one up. why not a week before or after?

Or a bit of common sense to stop the day being totally dominated by football. :lol:

Didn't see what times are planned exactly
Football is typically at 15:30, the FW Fairytale Wedding could be at 08:00, then no-one is forced to choose, there is time to watch the procession, get changed into Shrewsbury Town colours, then off to Wembeleee!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

RickH wrote:
mercalia wrote:

what about those who hate both?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

there was a young prince called Harry
who one day decided he should marry
some dame from across the seas
but got so drunk on the eve,
he couldnt tell his A's from his E's
that he ended in bed beside Merkel
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I see the true colours of royals rears its head, but the royals have always been "Grand Masters" on some parallel universe....(all uk royal princes are masters (masons), but we all know that don't we)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5195960/p ... h-apology/
http://people.com/royals/princess-micha ... ly-member/
https://www.crossroad.to/articles2/2012 ... coronation
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

"Prince Harry says he will go on using his position to "shine a spotlight" on issues close to his heart.
He was speaking as he guest edited BBC Radio 4's Today programme, which focused on the armed forces, mental health, youth crime and climate change." says the BBC.

are we supposed to respect him for that that self indulgance? Now if he had said speak out on the important issues that trouble this country like the housing crisis then I would have some respect for the guy but he seems like his dad worried about the Patagonian toothfish. rather than the conditions his subjects live in? If he did ofcourse he would have difficulty in justifying the splendour he lives in that he hasnt earnt? The one thing that France betters this country in is they chopped off the heads of their "royalty" and consigned it to history and their equivalent of the National Trust. Vive La France.
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

mercalia wrote: what about those who hate both?

Gets it over with in one go?

mercalia wrote:are we supposed to respect him for that that self indulgance? Now if he had said speak out on the important issues that trouble this country like the housing crisis then I would have some respect for the guy but he seems like his dad worried about the Patagonian toothfish. rather than the conditions his subjects live in? If he did ofcourse he would have difficulty in justifying the splendour he lives in that he hasnt earnt?

I'd imagine his more immediate issue would be the outcry from the Tories about having overstepped the line regarding political neutrality...
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

mercalia wrote:"Prince Harry says he will go on using his position to "shine a spotlight" on issues close to his heart.
He was speaking as he guest edited BBC Radio 4's Today programme, which focused on the armed forces, mental health, youth crime and climate change." says the BBC.

are we supposed to respect him for that that self indulgance? Now if he had said speak out on the important issues that trouble this country like the housing crisis then I would have some respect for the guy but he seems like his dad worried about the Patagonian toothfish. rather than the conditions his subjects live in? If he did ofcourse he would have difficulty in justifying the splendour he lives in that he hasnt earnt? The one thing that France betters this country in is they chopped off the heads of their "royalty" and consigned it to history and their equivalent of the National Trust. Vive La France.

I'd say they were all worthwhile issues to raise, and it doesn't say he has no involvement with other causes, only that that programme raised those specific ones. Other members of the family support other causes, they can't all focus on those you (or I) may think the most important. In any case, housing problems form part of the story of at least three of those mentioned above....
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Therein lies the main issue.......

For some people there will simply be no acceptable causes, that is the default
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I hope Prince Harry will be enrolled by the BLF, Beard Liberation Front :wink:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I see Merkel Sparkle went shopping in Brixton London in the M&S and bought a £45 jumper to go with her £590 Brando coat from Canadian retailer Smythe and £450 Burberry trousers - do they really think we are that stupid to think that this common touch convinces anyone? esp when for her offical engagements she wears togs worth £56,000 ( yes thats right more than most people earn in a year ) from Ralph & Russo. Oh by the way M&S were very happy as that jumper soon sold out as all the **** lickers wanted one
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Probably Harry got the market rate for his work at radio 4 so they can thoyle the clothes
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

mercalia wrote:I see Merkel Sparkle went shopping in Brixton London in the M&S and bought a £45 jumper to go with her £590 Brando coat from Canadian retailer Smythe and £450 Burberry trousers - do they really think we are that stupid to think that this common touch convinces anyone? esp when for her offical engagements she wears togs worth £56,000 ( yes thats right more than most people earn in a year ) from Ralph & Russo. Oh by the way M&S were very happy as that jumper soon sold out as all the **** lickers wanted one

Inspirational...... Why is it only the females that get this abuse?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Cunobelin wrote:
mercalia wrote:I see Merkel Sparkle went shopping in Brixton London in the M&S and bought a £45 jumper to go with her £590 Brando coat from Canadian retailer Smythe and £450 Burberry trousers - do they really think we are that stupid to think that this common touch convinces anyone? esp when for her offical engagements she wears togs worth £56,000 ( yes thats right more than most people earn in a year ) from Ralph & Russo. Oh by the way M&S were very happy as that jumper soon sold out as all the **** lickers wanted one

Inspirational...... Why is it only the females that get this abuse?

well she is really a puppet here, sad for her: but she chose it willingly,

I doubt that men wear clothes costing £56,000. I would like to know the cost of Harrys gear then had he bought a jumper he would have been targeted, but in this case it seems it was his other half the poor woman who was exploited by the "royal" machine - I hope she dont have the same fate as Diana.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

It is quite strange to see group photos of politrickians
The males seem to be wearing uniform, maybe just with coloured ties
The females look like birds of paradise

Why?