Harry is marrying Ms Merkel?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Harry is marrying Ms Merkel?

Post by mercalia »

Thats going to cause a bit of trouble for Brexit?
Well good luck to him beauty must be in the eye of the beholder :?
Last edited by Graham on 28 Nov 2017, 9:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: So . . . .
thirdcrank

Re: So Harry is marrying Ms Merkel?

Post by thirdcrank »

Isn't this old news?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I think Herr Dr. Joachim Sauer might be a wee bit peeved about that.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

661-Pete wrote:I think Herr Dr. Joachim Sauer might be a wee bit peeved about that.

:lol:

(It had gone over my head till you posted.)
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

But will she be waiting 6 weeks for her Universal Benefit?

Ian
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

661-Pete wrote:I think Herr Dr. Joachim Sauer might be a wee bit peeved about that.

You mean Herr Prof Dr Sauer %-)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well...... anyway ...... one thing I've discovered in the wake of this frenzy of media hysteria.

One topic of debate - not totally irrelevant to today's less-than-earth-shattering happening - seems to be absolutely and unarguably taboo in the 'comments' columns....
....even in the dear old Grauniad (contributors to the 'We love the Guardian" thread take note).
....but not, it seems, in the Independent.

Perhaps I'd better say no more, here. :oops:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

Apparently Ms Markles future father in law was over the moon at the news. James Hewitt said "I'm pleased as punch for my boy, she's top totty".
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

I am no Royal Family anorak, but I am very pleased to see that love has no boundaries in Harry’s world.

Any celebrity must be under extraordinary pressure to ‘do the right thing’ when you are in the limelight like they are. He has broken the mould so good for him.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Can someone enlighten me. This is not news it's gossip. Didn't some genealogist confirm that millions are related to the royal family. Why pick Harry out and ignore the other millions. :twisted:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I hope she appreciates how hard it is to get a UK residence permit (even if married to a British Citizen), particularly if there are no employment intentions and even harder is the plan is to be a burden on the state and live of the state - particularly now we (as a nation) seem to have decided to clampdown on immigration (apparently we had a referendum where we decided ... different thread).

Ian
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Psamathe wrote:I hope she appreciates how hard it is to get a UK residence permit (even if married to a British Citizen), particularly if there are no employment intentions and even harder is the plan is to be a burden on the state and live of the state - particularly now we (as a nation) seem to have decided to clampdown on immigration (apparently we had a referendum where we decided ... different thread).

Ian

I wonder how that will play out - if all the paper work will just be ignored :twisted: maybe get a letter from the homeoffice telling her to leave within 7 days as she has not right of abode here ( as happened to a woman who had lived here for yonks and had British kids by her husband )
reohn2

Re: Harry is marrying Ms Merkel?

Post by reohn2 »

It seems Harry and William are a little more down to earth than previous generations of royals,their choice of partners could help with that too,which is a good thing as we're stuck with a royal family and all the kelter that goes along with them for the forseeable future.
That said,as with any couple in Love and planning a life together,on a personal level I wish them well.
But I'm sick of hearing about it now,what it'll be like as the wedding gets closer and the media feeding frenzy intensifies I can only guess.

Last night's news had a woman they asked on the street what she thought said the wedding was "something to look forward to in troubled times",make of that what you will,but IMO like the overdone razzle dazzle of Christmas,I feel the need to lie down in a darkened room until the dust settles :?
Last edited by reohn2 on 28 Nov 2017, 10:24am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Ruadh495

Post by Ruadh495 »

Isn't Harry employed? I thought he was a soldier. I wonder if an army captain's pay meets the Border Force minimum to be allowed a foreign spouse...
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I remember where I was when C & D got married (NCAT, Pantperthog)

It is a good day to climb a mountain, one will meet like-minded people at the summit

The Windsors really have quite different lives from the rest of us, I think

MM comes from a distant English-speaking country, but one suspects there is already some foreign blood in the royal line (Greece, Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha?)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies