Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Flinders

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Flinders »

Trump is unstable, not very bright, and is pathologically entitled and self-centred. And he's neither honest nor decent. I'm not impressed by anyone who admires him. Those who do, well, unless they want to look very silly in the next few years or spend a lot of time deleting previous comments, they need to read up a bit more about him. Or try working for him (and trying to get paid - or not jailed- afterwards).

He's not a clown, and just like the Johnsons of this world who also pretend to be funny and edgy, he's really just a lout, but an exceedingly dangerous lout. He's fired (sometimes illegally) just about everyone who could enforce the law or the constitution w.r.t. his presidency and has replaced them by his own placemen. Anyone who can't see (or refuses to see) how dangerous that is can't expect their opinions to be taken seriously. This isn't a party political thing- many republicans are as worried about it as democrats are. And if he succeeds in what he's doing, those on the right need to imagine what it would be like for them if ever a democratic president abuses his powers illegally to the same extent, taking Trump's actions as precedent. The brighter republicans can see that danger. Dimwits who just 'like a laugh', not so much, of course.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Flinders wrote:Trump is unstable, not very bright, and is pathologically entitled and self-centred. And he's neither honest nor decent. I'm not impressed by anyone who admires him. Those who do, well, unless they want to look very silly in the next few years or spend a lot of time deleting previous comments, they need to read up a bit more about him. Or try working for him (and trying to get paid - or not jailed- afterwards).

He's not a clown, and just like the Johnsons of this world who also pretend to be funny and edgy, he's really just a lout, but an exceedingly dangerous lout. He's fired (sometimes illegally) just about everyone who could enforce the law or the constitution w.r.t. his presidency and has replaced them by his own placemen. Anyone who can't see (or refuses to see) how dangerous that is can't expect their opinions to be taken seriously. This isn't a party political thing- many republicans are as worried about it as democrats are. And if he succeeds in what he's doing, those on the right need to imagine what it would be like for them if ever a democratic president abuses his powers illegally to the same extent, taking Trump's actions as precedent. The brighter republicans can see that danger. Dimwits who just 'like a laugh', not so much, of course.

I wonder how bad that makes Clinton who lost to Trump.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

windmiller wrote:I wonder how bad that makes Clinton who lost to Trump.
Clinton beat Trump by a substantial margin:
Clinton: 65,853,514
Trump: 62,984,828
Get your facts right!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
andrec

Post by andrec »

661-Pete wrote:
Get your facts right!

No, she lost. That's why she isn't president and Trump is.The election of the president is not based on a simple number of votes cast for each side like our people's vote in 2016. Perhaps that's a bad example to use, as there are a lot of people out there who claim that Remain really won that one, but it's the best I can do. Some people really do seem to have difficulty understanding poll rules and results and I doubt that it is possible to explain things clearly to them, possibly because of their lack of education and difficulties with arithmetic.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

andrec wrote:Some people really do seem to have difficulty understanding poll rules and results and I doubt that it is possible to explain things clearly to them, possibly because of their lack of education and difficulties with arithmetic.

That is an unnecessary and unpleasant sneer.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

andrec wrote:Some people really do seem to have difficulty understanding poll rules and results and I doubt that it is possible to explain things clearly to them, possibly because of their lack of education and difficulties with arithmetic.
If it is your normal custom to insult other members of the forum, perhaps you're in the wrong place.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
andrec

Post by andrec »

661-Pete wrote:
If it is your normal custom to insult other members of the forum, perhaps you're in the wrong place.

But I wasn't insulting other forum members, just pointing out that some people can't accept poll results, perhaps for the reason I stated. I'm new here and I've been reading the Brexit thread where someone has recently been bemoaning the 'falling IQ of the mob' as a possible reason for voting Leave and so I thought that speculating on the intelligence of others was OK. However, if a new politeness policy is now in force I'll be only too happy to adhere to it.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

andrec wrote:bemoaning the 'falling IQ of the mob' as a possible reason for voting Leave and so I thought that speculating on the intelligence of others was OK. However, if a new politeness policy is now in force I'll be only too happy to adhere to it.

That was me, the "falling IQ of the mob" isn't a reflection of others individual intelligence merely the well observed effect of "group-think".

I'm pretty sure we've all been in 'that' meeting...
andrec

Post by andrec »

kwackers wrote:
andrec wrote:bemoaning the 'falling IQ of the mob' as a possible reason for voting Leave and so I thought that speculating on the intelligence of others was OK. However, if a new politeness policy is now in force I'll be only too happy to adhere to it.

That was me, the "falling IQ of the mob" isn't a reflection of others individual intelligence merely the well observed effect of "group-think".

I'm pretty sure we've all been in 'that' meeting...

Yes. My comment has been misinterpreted too. It was merely a gentle dig at Remainers who like to question the validity of the referendum result, not a personal comment. I note from the Brexit thread that many digs at Leave voters are not so gentle so I thought I'd be safe with my comment.
Pastychomper

Post by Pastychomper »

It seems to me that the Br*x*t thread is a lot more abrasive in places than would be tolerated on most of the site, or maybe the harsher comments are more concentrated there.

I find a lot of threads start to interest me less somewhere around page 4*, usually due to deja vu, maybe the Br*x*t thread is just what happens when when that effect is multiplied by a couple of hundred.

*he says, commenting in a 36 page thread about a 1.1kpage thread... :lol:
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

andrec wrote:But I wasn't insulting other forum members
You wrote "I doubt that it is possible to explain things clearly to them, possibly because of their lack of education and difficulties with arithmetic." If that isn't an insult to our intelligence, I don't know what is.

andrec wrote:I'm new here...
Perhaps the Mods are able to ascertain whether this individual is a sock-puppet?
RickH

Post by RickH »

kwackers wrote:I'm pretty sure we've all been in 'that' meeting...

(Available from Despair Inc. along with other demotivational posters, etc. No connections, I just like their humour :D )
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

661-Pete wrote:
Get your facts right!

Clinton beat Trump yeah of course she did. :lol:
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:Once had a look round an American nuke - the USS Henry L Stimson

The keys were very similar to those used across a range of systems at the time, and a tubular lock.

There was a rumour some years later that this was the type of lock that could be opened using a Bic pen!

SO if this was true, the entire system could have been overridden by a felt tip pen

Cough ballpoint cough. :D

My Kryptonite opened with a felt tip.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Latest attack.

: “So interesting to see ‘progressive’ Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run.

It is widely accepted that the intended targets are a few women who have been effectively vocal against him

ALL of them born in the US -so to quote Trump that makes the US one of the countries .... whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)

So his racist misogynist tweeting is yet again a bizarre testimony to his vague grasp of Planet Earth