Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
44
54%
no
28
34%
maybe
6
7%
maybe not
3
4%
dont know
1
1%
 
Total votes: 82

Bonefishblues
Posts: 6906
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Bonefishblues » 15 Jul 2019, 6:17pm

Cunobelin wrote:Latest attack.





: “So interesting to see ‘progressive’ Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run.



It is widely accepted that the intended targets are a few women who have been effectively vocal against him

ALL of them born in the US -so to quote Trump that makes the US one of the countries .... whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)


So his racist misogynist tweeting is yet again a bizarre testimony to his vague grasp of Planet Earth

I do now think he's totally drunk on power an believes himself to be invulnerable to anything.

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 9184
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby 661-Pete » 15 Jul 2019, 6:26pm

Cunobelin wrote:It is widely accepted that the intended targets are a few women who have been effectively vocal against him
ALL of them born in the US -so to quote Trump that makes the US one of the countries ....
To be strictly accurate, all but one of them. The exception is Ilhan Omar, who was born in Somalia but is now a naturalised US citizen and represents Minnesota in Congress. The other three were all born in the USA. And all four are elected members of USA Congress - which is more than one can say of Trumpf if one assesses his electoral result in terms of simple numbers of votes....

So his racist misogynist tweeting is yet again a bizarre testimony to his vague grasp of Planet Earth
Bizarre, yes, but more than that, disturbing and indeed very frightening. Didn't Hitler say that of the Jews - in the early years, before he gave the nod to Wannsee? That they should be deported out of his 'third reich' to 'wherever they came from'....?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

pwa
Posts: 10562
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby pwa » 15 Jul 2019, 6:32pm

When he is gone, somebody will be bringing out a humorous book full of Trump's rants and observations. And we will all have a good laugh, safe in the knowledge that he no longer has any power.

User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 9555
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Cunobelin » 15 Jul 2019, 7:06pm

pwa wrote:When he is gone, somebody will be bringing out a humorous book full of Trump's rants and observations. And we will all have a good laugh, safe in the knowledge that he no longer has any power.


They are already out there....

This was a Christmas Present:

Image

reohn2
Posts: 36704
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby reohn2 » 15 Jul 2019, 7:26pm

Bonefishblues wrote:I do now think he's totally drunk on power an believes himself to be invulnerable to anything.

Would you say mad?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

kwackers
Posts: 13808
Joined: 4 Jun 2008, 9:29pm
Location: Warrington

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby kwackers » 15 Jul 2019, 8:33pm

Bonefishblues wrote:I do now think he's totally drunk on power an believes himself to be invulnerable to anything.

When you get rid of anyone that disagrees and surround yourself with 'Yes' people then how can it go any other way?

Bonefishblues
Posts: 6906
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Bonefishblues » 15 Jul 2019, 8:55pm

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I do now think he's totally drunk on power an believes himself to be invulnerable to anything.

Would you say mad?

No, I don't, but I think he's getting increasingly erratic because no checks, balances or self-restraint.

User avatar
kylecycler
Posts: 656
Joined: 12 Aug 2013, 4:09pm
Location: Kyle, Ayrshire

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby kylecycler » 15 Jul 2019, 9:00pm

In case anyone missed it, Trump described himself in a tweet last week as "so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!" He also 'kidded' about serving 14 more years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 00461.html

Dunno if that's 'mad' but it's well wonky.

reohn2
Posts: 36704
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby reohn2 » 15 Jul 2019, 9:09pm

kylecycler wrote:In case anyone missed it, Trump described himself in a tweet last week as "so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!" He also 'kidded' about serving 14 more years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 00461.html

Dunno if that's 'mad' but it's well wonky.

It certainly doesn't seem like the thoughts of a mentally healthy man rated as the most powerful in the world :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

User avatar
Cugel
Posts: 2785
Joined: 13 Nov 2017, 11:14am

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Cugel » 16 Jul 2019, 8:39am

reohn2 wrote:
kylecycler wrote:In case anyone missed it, Trump described himself in a tweet last week as "so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!" He also 'kidded' about serving 14 more years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 00461.html

Dunno if that's 'mad' but it's well wonky.

It certainly doesn't seem like the thoughts of a mentally healthy man rated as the most powerful in the world :shock:


Bog-standard dictator type. History has hundreds of examples.

For we boomers The Luckiest-Ever Age of Blesse-Blighters is coming to an end. Normal service of psychopathic and sociopathic humans has returned.

Cugel

Oldjohnw
Posts: 2060
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Oldjohnw » 16 Jul 2019, 9:05am

Every new Trumpism tells me that the man, as well as being extraordinarily stupid and uneducated to be a president, is [*]bad. I cannot let him off for his evil by simply saying he is mad.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 16 Jul 2019, 12:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

Cycling and recycling

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 9184
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby 661-Pete » 16 Jul 2019, 9:05am

Don't know what brought it on, but a sort of 'ear worm' has been ringing through my head this morning. Here's my version (with apologies to Charles Jolly):
♫♪ I know of a fat ol' Prez'dent,
He's always down th'White House,
An ugly fat old yellow-faced man,
He really is a beast!
He's too dumb for a prez'dent,
He's never known a thing,
And everybody says that he's
The nastiest man in town!

♫♪ Ho, ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!
****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !
****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !
****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !

Go on, add a few more verses!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

reohn2
Posts: 36704
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby reohn2 » 16 Jul 2019, 10:23am

Cugel wrote:Bog-standard dictator type. History has hundreds of examples.

Correct!

For we boomers The Luckiest-Ever Age of Blesse-Blighters is coming to an end. Normal service of psychopathic and sociopathic humans has returned.

Cugel

I fear you're right,my worst fear is for the young in this madness.One Hope's the world will come to it's senses though I suspect the cycle of dictator=war and all that goes with it will continue.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

reohn2
Posts: 36704
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby reohn2 » 16 Jul 2019, 10:27am

661-Pete wrote:Don't know what brought it on, but a sort of 'ear worm' has been ringing through my head this morning. Here's my version (with apologies to Charles Jolly):
♫♪ I know of a fat ol' Prez'dent,
He's always down th'White House,
An ugly fat old yellow-faced man,
He really is a beast!
He's too dumb for a prez'dent,
He's never known a thing,
And everybody says that he's
The nastiest man in town!

♫♪ Ho, ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!
****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !
****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !
****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !

Go on, add a few more verses!


If only it were just a joke,unfortunately it's all too real.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

andrec
Posts: 110
Joined: 1 Jul 2019, 12:35pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby andrec » 16 Jul 2019, 11:27am

Cugel wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
kylecycler wrote:In case anyone missed it, Trump described himself in a tweet last week as "so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!" He also 'kidded' about serving 14 more years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 00461.html

Dunno if that's 'mad' but it's well wonky.

It certainly doesn't seem like the thoughts of a mentally healthy man rated as the most powerful in the world :shock:


Bog-standard dictator type. History has hundreds of examples.

For we boomers The Luckiest-Ever Age of Blesse-Blighters is coming to an end. Normal service of psychopathic and sociopathic humans has returned.

Cugel


Perhaps not a bog-standard dictator. He was elected in free elections and is standing for re-election in free elections next year. Most dictators have less enthusiasm for democracy. I quite like the way he is telling some moaning people to clear off if they think the USA is so awful. His less than polite words are well within the bounds of limits of decorum set by his opponents, with one of the women he was referring to being on record as describing him as a person who has carnal knowledge of his mother.