Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

reohn2

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by reohn2 »

djnotts wrote:"What kind of convention is that?"

The Republican (Convention) kind I think!

:wink:
It certainly isnt the convention commonly known as democracy,that's for sure.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

djnotts wrote:"What kind of convention is that?"

The Republican (Convention) kind I think!
I only wish it were the Forcing NoTrump Convention..... :twisted:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

reohn2 wrote:But if we really want to explore oddness what can be more odd than a man being invested president of the USA when he didn't have the majority of the votes of the people who cast them.What kind of convention is that?

And how many people voted for the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom? :wink:
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Vorpal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:But if we really want to explore oddness what can be more odd than a man being invested president of the USA when he didn't have the majority of the votes of the people who cast them.What kind of convention is that?

And how many people voted for the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom? :wink:

Not enough for the system to be called democracy,that's for sure :wink:
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well well! You-know-who mad or not mad .... I woke up to learn the latest news from Alabama and find it mightily heartening, I can tell you! Commonsense and basic dignity have at last prevailed over prejudice, bigotry and populism - to say nothing of alleged sexual misconduct. Maybe 'democracy' is working after all!

One thing I noticed while watching the news, last night. At a rally in support of that Moore person, I could not spot a single black face. Yet Black Americans can vote as much as White Americans can. 62 years after Rosa Parks boarded that bus, I feel that if she were still alive she would be proud of this day.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I understand that this would be termed a doozie in the American vernacular:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 6.html?amp
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

661-Pete wrote:Well well! You-know-who mad or not mad .... I woke up to learn the latest news from Alabama and find it mightily heartening, I can tell you! Commonsense and basic dignity have at last prevailed over prejudice, bigotry and populism - to say nothing of alleged sexual misconduct. Maybe 'democracy' is working after all!

One thing I noticed while watching the news, last night. At a rally in support of that Moore person, I could not spot a single black face. Yet Black Americans can vote as much as White Americans can. 62 years after Rosa Parks boarded that bus, I feel that if she were still alive she would be proud of this day.

Actually, the black vote made a huge difference in this election despite the fact that blacks reported obstacles to voting http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... -election/
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I understand that this would be termed a doozie in the American vernacular:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 6.html?amp

If he were a joiner he'd be termed as someone who'd "not yet learned to knock a nail in straight"
As a miner,someone who "didn't have a blue mark on him"
It doesn't get much worse,yes men abound...........
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Vorpal wrote:Actually, the black vote made a huge difference in this election despite the fact that blacks reported obstacles to voting http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... -election/

Why am I not surprised? :?
W H Auden
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

He's mad! He's mad. He's madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of this year's Mr Madman competition. :wink:

A classic line!
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

A colleague of mine summed this up nicely.... Trump is in debt

To get where he is he made a lot of promises to a lot of people.

IN order to get the support of those groups, some of the promises were bizarre, extreme and under normal circumstances unthinkable

However he now has to fulfil at least some to bolster that support

The recognition of Jerusalem is the promise made to the powerful Israeli/ Jewish lobby in the states

In the same way the travel ban is a reward for the more racist element

What should bd worrying is that as he progresses through the term, these will become more and more bizarre and extreme as the markers are called in
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cunobelin wrote:A colleague of mine summed this up nicely.... Trump is in debt

To get where he is he made a lot of promises to a lot of people.

IN order to get the support of those groups, some of the promises were bizarre, extreme and under normal circumstances unthinkable

However he now has to fulfil at least some to bolster that support

The recognition of Jerusalem is the promise made to the powerful Israeli/ Jewish lobby in the states

In the same way the travel ban is a reward for the more racist element

What should bd worrying is that as he progresses through the term, these will become more and more bizarre and extreme as the markers are called in

He's got to win again using only his base support. His base support is still with him, and bought the rhetoric (although it's claimed not the detail of the promises) last time. There's a real fear that it will happen again. Please run Michelle...
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Who is Michelle?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Who is Michelle?

The most popular Democrat and avowed non-politician in America. Also known as Mrs Obama.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I note that you-know-who is just about to deliver his first (anyone's first) State of the Uniom (sic). :lol:

No doubt he will be setting down how much Federal budget is to be allocated to covfefe.....