Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

reohn2

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by reohn2 »

Mike Sales wrote:Wasn't it incredible that Boris flew to the USA but did not get to see Trump.
He had to appear on Fox and Friends to get the President's attention. The programme, which Orange Don watches, is described as entertainment rather than news.

I firmly believe Trump treats his presidency as entertainment for the masses as he back hands the rich with more and more dollars.......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"Wasn't it incredible that Boris flew to the USA but did not get to see Trump."

And the ONLY thing which I have in common with Trump is that I wouldn't want to have to see Boris.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

djnotts wrote:"Wasn't it incredible that Boris flew to the USA but did not get to see Trump."

And the ONLY thing which I have in common with Trump is that I wouldn't want to have to see Boris.

I can't argue with that sentiment :lol: :lol: :lol:
W H Auden
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Foreign, foreign ministers from other nations don't always get to see our prime minister. Usually they go to speak with their opposite number, probably without it reaching the press as a newsworthy story. The difference this time was that Boris had reason to see trump this time, the Iranian deal. Trump obviously knew what Boris would have discussed with him and didn't want any of it. Can you really blame him? A lower rank politician from a lower rank nation wanting to berate you over your policies towards Iran. I bet the PM would probably not meet the Italian or French foreign minister if she knew he was only going to waste her time like that.

The real issue is the way Boris let himself humiliate himself. Macron called trump. Britain sent Boris to go on a TV show trump likes. Oh how pathetic Britain had become! Macron is now leading France into the level of influence British prime ministers haven't seen for possibly a generation now.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Tangled Metal wrote:.....The real issue is the way Boris let himself humiliate himself........

He's no stranger to that territory,which doesn't say much for the person who elected him to his present office.But when you don't have any decent cards in your hand you have to play what you do have :?
The UK,during May's and Cameron's premiership,been made to look like an idiot nation of little or no consequence to the whole world especially Europe and the US,not to mention Russia.
W H Auden
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Blair and his lapdog impression wasn't much better. I suspect even Major was better than our current crop of political leaders on both sides.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Tangled Metal wrote:Blair and his lapdog impression wasn't much better. I suspect even Major was better than our current crop of political leaders on both sides.

Harold Wilson refused to send troops to Vietnam.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

There's been a deficit of quality on the political circles at Westminster for years and years. Decline of nation, decline in politicians.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

And the release of 3 prisoners from N Korea has caused further revalations
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/05/10/i-thought-they-would-be-white-sighs-trump/ wrote:I thought they would be white, sighs Trump

Donald Trump has spoken today of his extreme dissatisfaction at travelling all the way to Korea to meet American hostages – who were not even white.

“The CIA told me that there was an opportunity for Americans to be freed,” said the POTUS. “Americans they said. Americans I wanted. Korean looking folk I got. I didn’t fly all the way to this shithole country for them to just free some of their own people and pretend they are some of ours.”

“Heck, I could have accepted Orientals if they’d have been women. But men? I mean, I don’t want a rub n tug off some Gaysian, that’s more the Vice President’s bag.”

Ian
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

More the vice president's bag? He's religious right. Trump is church of trump. More likely trump would be into a rub and tug but probably with himself. I doubt Pence would touch a Gaysian with a bargepole. He'd go straight to hellfire and damnation it he did.

BTW I can't believe he said that somehow, is it a joke?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Tangled Metal wrote:Blair and his lapdog impression wasn't much better. I suspect even Major was better than our current crop of political leaders on both sides.

But we were debating the present crop of millionaire idiots weren't we?
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Tangled Metal wrote:....BTW I can't believe he said that somehow, is it a joke?

Oh,pleeze...... :shock:
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Tangled Metal wrote:More the vice president's bag? He's religious right. Trump is church of trump. More likely trump would be into a rub and tug but probably with himself. I doubt Pence would touch a Gaysian with a bargepole. He'd go straight to hellfire and damnation it he did.

BTW I can't believe he said that somehow, is it a joke?

The English-speaking USA is more different than we can understand :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

The new us ambassador to germany is gay
Goes quite well together with right-wing views cos he might have allies on both sides and people might be wary of criticising him
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

reohn2 wrote:

But we were debating the present crop of millionaire idiots weren't we?

Looking back isn't banned you know, especially since the poster that triggered my reply referred to May and Cameron. I naturally assumed that meant we were looking at historical idiots too. Hence my reference to lapdog Bliar.