Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

661-Pete

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by 661-Pete »

And ... to add to the wisdom of the age:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

We've all seen the news this morning about the leak of our Ambassador's summary of Trump & his administration, I presume?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48898231
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

EDIT:- posting at the same time :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Bonefishblues wrote:We've all seen the news this morning about the leak of our Ambassador's summary of Trump & his administration, I presume?

I'd love to see the U.S versions of what they say about us.

Always interesting to see yourself through the eyes of others - although I reckon I can guess a lot of it...
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:It beggers belief what this moron is capable of,given the power at his fingertips

His advisors won't let him. They really won't, in extremis.

I hope and pray

arent the nuclear keys or codes kept in a box? I bet there is handgun in it now also to put Trump down
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

kwackers wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:We've all seen the news this morning about the leak of our Ambassador's summary of Trump & his administration, I presume?

Always interesting to see yourself through the eyes of others - although I reckon I can guess a lot of it...

They wouldn't be wrong no matter how stupid they think we are currently :roll:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

kwackers wrote:

They know very little about us, we know far too much about them :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Once had a look round an American nuke - the USS Henry L Stimson

The keys were very similar to those used across a range of systems at the time, and a tubular lock.

There was a rumour some years later that this was the type of lock that could be opened using a Bic pen!

SO if this was true, the entire system could have been overridden by a felt tip pen
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cunobelin wrote:Once had a look round an American nuke - the USS Henry L Stimson

The keys were very similar to those used across a range of systems at the time, and a tubular lock.

There was a rumour some years later that this was the type of lock that could be opened using a Bic pen!

SO if this was true, the entire system could have been overridden by a felt tip pen

Cough ballpoint cough. :D
andrec

Post by andrec »

Yes. I doubt the president will be too worried about the opinion of a relatively unimportant person, someone he probably has never heard of, and who has no vote in the 2020 election.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

andrec wrote:

Yes. I doubt the president will be too worried about the opinion of a relatively unimportant person, someone he probably has never heard of, and who has no vote in the 2020 election.

He seems to be upset by all and anyone who criticises him.
andrec

Post by andrec »

Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:

Does he? He often answers back when people do criticise him, and that seems to cause consternation and outrage amongst those who seem to think that he should remain silent whatever people say about him. For example, the mayor of London had a go at the president, got back at least as good as he gave and the reaction of some people was most amusing.

As for my view on the president's madness or otherwise, I am not a person who makes unqualified, amateur psychiatric diagnoses over the internet for people I have never met or examined medically even though I know it is quite a fashionable thing to do these days. So no vote in the poll from me.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

andrec wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:

Does he? He often answers back when people do criticise him, and that seems to cause consternation and outrage amongst those who seem to think that he should remain silent whatever people say about him. For example, the mayor of London had a go at the president, got back at least as good as he gave and the reaction of some people was most amusing.

As for my view on the president's madness or otherwise, I am not a person who makes unqualified, amateur psychiatric diagnoses over the internet for people I have never met or examined medically even though I know it is quite a fashionable thing to do these days. So no vote in the poll from me.

Yes. That's why I said it. He is unable to rise above it. As a result he often sounds ridiculous by resorting to ya-boo behaviour better suited to the playground.

Criticism comes with the territory if you're the most powerful individual in the world, but his predecessors seem to have dealt with it rather better than he.
andrec

Post by andrec »

Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:He seems to be upset by all and anyone who criticises him.

Yes. That's why I said it. He is unable to rise above it. As a result he often sounds ridiculous by resorting to ya-boo behaviour better suited to the playground.

Criticism comes with the territory if you're the most powerful individual in the world, but his predecessors seem to have dealt with it rather better than he.

I quite like the way President Trump responds to criticism. I expect he knows that a lot of people who vote for him do too. The constant outrage from his opponents at his outspoken behaviour makes them appear censorious and pompous. He baits them and they fall into the trap every time. Being outraged and offended all the time is not a good look.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

andrec wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:

I quite like the way President Trump responds to criticism. I expect he knows that a lot of people who vote for him do too. The constant outrage from his opponents at his outspoken behaviour makes them appear censorious and pompous. He baits them and they fall into the trap every time. Being outraged and offended all the time is not a good look.

It's certainly a great deflection tactic, and you are right, it does play to his support. It alienates everyone else though. The next election will tell much about the effectiveness of what you indicate is a conscious tactic.