Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Bonefishblues

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cunobelin wrote:Latest attack.

: “So interesting to see ‘progressive’ Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run.

It is widely accepted that the intended targets are a few women who have been effectively vocal against him

ALL of them born in the US -so to quote Trump that makes the US one of the countries .... whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)

So his racist misogynist tweeting is yet again a bizarre testimony to his vague grasp of Planet Earth

I do now think he's totally drunk on power an believes himself to be invulnerable to anything.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Cunobelin wrote:It is widely accepted that the intended targets are a few women who have been effectively vocal against him
ALL of them born in the US -so to quote Trump that makes the US one of the countries ....
To be strictly accurate, all but one of them. The exception is Ilhan Omar, who was born in Somalia but is now a naturalised US citizen and represents Minnesota in Congress. The other three were all born in the USA. And all four are elected members of USA Congress - which is more than one can say of Trumpf if one assesses his electoral result in terms of simple numbers of votes....

So his racist misogynist tweeting is yet again a bizarre testimony to his vague grasp of Planet Earth
Bizarre, yes, but more than that, disturbing and indeed very frightening. Didn't Hitler say that of the Jews - in the early years, before he gave the nod to Wannsee? That they should be deported out of his 'third reich' to 'wherever they came from'....?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
pwa

Post by pwa »

When he is gone, somebody will be bringing out a humorous book full of Trump's rants and observations. And we will all have a good laugh, safe in the knowledge that he no longer has any power.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

pwa wrote:When he is gone, somebody will be bringing out a humorous book full of Trump's rants and observations. And we will all have a good laugh, safe in the knowledge that he no longer has any power.

They are already out there....

This was a Christmas Present:

reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I do now think he's totally drunk on power an believes himself to be invulnerable to anything.

Would you say mad?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Bonefishblues wrote:I do now think he's totally drunk on power an believes himself to be invulnerable to anything.

When you get rid of anyone that disagrees and surround yourself with 'Yes' people then how can it go any other way?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:

Would you say mad?

No, I don't, but I think he's getting increasingly erratic because no checks, balances or self-restraint.
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

In case anyone missed it, Trump described himself in a tweet last week as "so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!" He also 'kidded' about serving 14 more years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 00461.html

Dunno if that's 'mad' but it's well wonky.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

kylecycler wrote:In case anyone missed it, Trump described himself in a tweet last week as "so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!" He also 'kidded' about serving 14 more years.

It certainly doesn't seem like the thoughts of a mentally healthy man rated as the most powerful in the world :shock:
W H Auden
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

reohn2 wrote:
kylecycler wrote:In case anyone missed it, Trump described himself in a tweet last week as "so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!" He also 'kidded' about serving 14 more years.

It certainly doesn't seem like the thoughts of a mentally healthy man rated as the most powerful in the world :shock:

Bog-standard dictator type. History has hundreds of examples.

For we boomers The Luckiest-Ever Age of Blesse-Blighters is coming to an end. Normal service of psychopathic and sociopathic humans has returned.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Every new Trumpism tells me that the man, as well as being extraordinarily stupid and uneducated to be a president, is [*]bad. I cannot let him off for his evil by simply saying he is mad.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 16 Jul 2019, 12:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Don't know what brought it on, but a sort of 'ear worm' has been ringing through my head this morning. Here's my version (with apologies to Charles Jolly):
♫♪ I know of a fat ol' Prez'dent,
He's always down th'White House,
An ugly fat old yellow-faced man,
He really is a beast!
He's too dumb for a prez'dent,
He's never known a thing,
And everybody says that he's
The nastiest man in town!

♫♪ Ho, ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!
****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !

Go on, add a few more verses!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cugel wrote:Bog-standard dictator type. History has hundreds of examples.

Correct!

For we boomers The Luckiest-Ever Age of Blesse-Blighters is coming to an end. Normal service of psychopathic and sociopathic humans has returned.

Cugel

I fear you're right,my worst fear is for the young in this madness.One Hope's the world will come to it's senses though I suspect the cycle of dictator=war and all that goes with it will continue.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

661-Pete wrote:Don't know what brought it on, but a sort of 'ear worm' has been ringing through my head this morning. Here's my version (with apologies to Charles Jolly):
♫♪ I know of a fat ol' Prez'dent,
He's always down th'White House,
An ugly fat old yellow-faced man,
He really is a beast!
He's too dumb for a prez'dent,
He's never known a thing,
And everybody says that he's
The nastiest man in town!

♫♪ Ho, ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!

Go on, add a few more verses!

If only it were just a joke,unfortunately it's all too real.
W H Auden
andrec

Post by andrec »

Cugel wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Bog-standard dictator type. History has hundreds of examples.

Cugel

Perhaps not a bog-standard dictator. He was elected in free elections and is standing for re-election in free elections next year. Most dictators have less enthusiasm for democracy. I quite like the way he is telling some moaning people to clear off if they think the USA is so awful. His less than polite words are well within the bounds of limits of decorum set by his opponents, with one of the women he was referring to being on record as describing him as a person who has carnal knowledge of his mother.