Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Mike Sales

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Mike Sales »

Bonefishblues wrote:I think the tide's flowing against him. He's going to be utterly humiliated, sooner than we think.

The line I heard was that the Republicans will carry on supporting him until they stop supporting him.
A fair few have already stopped.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mike Sales wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I think the tide's flowing against him. He's going to be utterly humiliated, sooner than we think.

The line I heard was that the Republicans will carry on supporting him until they stop supporting him.

In a soundbite yes. The moment he's an electoral liability he will be thrown to the wolves and exposed for what he so clearly is.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

But.....make America great again is the will of the people. Or as we have it, make "Great Britain again", as the people voted.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Bonefishblues wrote:The line I heard was that the Republicans will carry on supporting him until they stop supporting him.

In a soundbite yes. The moment he's an electoral liability he will be thrown to the wolves and exposed for what he so clearly is.[/quote]

There are some Republican politicians who find his present tactics unacceptable. There must be others who are ready to turn against him when the moment is right.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Can't see The Republican great and good going against the overwhelming party-grass-roots support which Trump retains. This seems about right to me: "Despite the increased public support for impeachment, there is very little chance that the Senate, which Republicans control 53-47, will reach the two-thirds majority required to remove Trump from office before the November 2020 election. In the RealClearPolitics average, Trump has well over 80% support for the Republican presidential nomination, with the other three candidates at about 2% each. Republican senators are very unlikely to go against their party’s base."
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

PDQ Mobile wrote:Trump stated this with regard to the fatal motorcycle accident:-
"The woman was driving on the wrong side of the road, and that can happen.
"You know, those are the opposite roads, that happens. I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did."

He loses me. Perhaps I am just old. :?

Did it "happen" to him or not?

He's beginning to make Ronald Regan sound lucid, how bad is that!
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

661-Pete wrote:It gets better every day. This from the T creature:
Kurds 'didn't help us with Normandy'

Oh I see. Very remiss of those dastardly Kurds, not lifting a finger to help out despite the Normandy beaches being virtually on their doorstep........

Just a pity that Trump is so naive about history. True, they didn't help in Normandy, but then they didn't help in Vietnam, not in Korea, etc. But they DID help in WW2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Kurds#World_War_II)

And now it gets worse
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2019/10/13/germany-to-face-sanctions-for-failing-to-help-us-during-d-day-landings/ wrote:Germany to face sanctions for failing to help US during D-Day landings
Donald Trump has today announced a huge package of far reaching sanctions against Germany after discovering that Germany failed to help the US during the D-Day landings.

The sanctions will take effect on Monday and will primarily penalise golf resorts and hotels not owned by the Trump family.

“Obviously we like Germany but they didn’t do much to help us during the Second World War.” Trump told reporters.

“Where were they when we needed them at Normandy for example? Nowhere to be seen.”

Ian
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I can't help comparing with the Romans:
[youtube]uvPbj9NX0zc[/youtube]
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Psamathe wrote:.....
Which also feeds into another wild speculation from a talking head I don't hold much regard for (Trumps ex PR guy that lasted for less than 2 weeks, can't remember his name) but his thought made a lot of sense. He was saying he thinks it likely that Trump might pull out of the next Presidential elections. His supposition is that Trump has such an ego and is such a narcissist that standing and losing would be a disaster for that ego and, as the news and polls get bad, so Trump will look for an excuse and he thought it likely that Trump would pull out of standing for another term around next March under some daft excuse (bone spurs maybe?) but purely becaus ehos ego could not stand it should he lose.

Ian

I think the beginning of Trump standing down might be underway - or at least the early signs.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-reality-tv-white-house-apprentice-mark-burnett-a9192106.html wrote:Trump ‘misses reality TV’ and is reportedly planning a new show for after the White House
Donald Trump is “very keen” on launching a new reality TV series after his days serving in the White House are over, according to reports.

The president has “sporadically kept in touch” with Mark Burnett, the creator of The Apprentice, and misses his days in front of the camera as the star of the show, according to the Daily Beast.

The pair reportedly raised the idea of launching a new version of the show titled The Apprentice: White House.

“There have been several discussions between Burnett and Trump about The Apprentice: White House,” a source told the news outlet. “It is something Burnett thinks could be a money-spinner and Trump is very keen on doing.”

Mr Trump regularly reminisces about hosting The Apprentice since becoming president, describing it as a “good experience” during off-script moments at rallies and tweeting about it being a “VERY successful show”.

I wonder (or maybe it's hope) that as the impeachment progresses and more Trump appointees start giving evidence or fail to "aggressively defend him", so he might start thinking one way to close it down would be to not stand again - which might discourage the Democrats as it's risky for them as well. So more people giving evidence, the appeal of getting back on TV, worsening polls, etc.

Ian
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

The word ‘mad’ comes from a Norse Verb ‘Gemade’ ( to render insane ). So yes Trump could well be described as “mad”.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Weird when Trump's own supporters boo family member off stage.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-jr-book-triggered-ucla-tpusa-video-q-a-america-first-maga-groyper-zoomer-a9197926.html wrote:Trump Jr booed off stage by supporters of his father amid apparent split in US far right
Donald Trump Jr was booed off stage and forced to abandon a book tour appearance at the University of California’s Los Angeles campus – due to a protest by supporters of his father.
But Mr Trump’s appearance lasted only about half an hour, with he and partner Kimberly Guilfoyle forced off the stage by the chants from a section of supporters.

Ian
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Thread resurrection alert

The PotUS just said that 1.2m jobs have just been (re-) created in hospitality!
He didnae mention that 8.4m had been lost through This cv Madness
Result: - 7.2m
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Thread resurrection alert

The PotUS just said that 1.2m jobs have just been (re-) created in hospitality!
He didnae mention that 8.4m had been lost through This cv Madness
Result: - 7.2m

That's just common or garden variety lying of the "lies, damned lies and statistics" ilk, not nuttery or barmpotism.

There should be a new kind of madness, perhaps - Barmpotusism - to describe Trumpeter. On the other hand, most of them Yank Presidents had a touch of the psychopath about them. Mind, so do most other Great Leaders.

When I'm dictator it'll all be different!

Cugel, just mildly eccentric, like a bicycle wheel with one spoke missing. Maybe two; and the odd tyre bulge.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Anthony Scaramucci has just eviscerated him on PM. :shock:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:Anthony Scaramucci has just eviscerated him on PM. :shock:

Was he doing the fandango at the same time? :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden