Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

mikeymo

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by mikeymo »

Interesting moderation, don't you think?

Some moderation just seems to remove the "offensive" language. Whereas other times it is removed with a "offensive language removed" placeholder.

The message is clear, we'll anonymously remove some "offensive" language so that that poster appears lily white. But we'll make sure that everybody knows that another poster is "a very naughty boy".
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

mikeymo wrote:
Interesting moderation, don't you think?

Some moderation just seems to remove the "offensive" language. Whereas other times it is removed with a "offensive language removed" placeholder.

The message is clear, we'll anonymously remove some "offensive" language so that that poster appears lily white. But we'll make sure that everybody knows that another poster is "a very naughty boy".

This is not the case at all. Moderation of this forum is done by volunteers in their spare time. We are all happy to do this, but there is a limit to the amount of time one can spend.

If one has nothing better to do then one can add explanations, send PM's to people whos posts have been deleted or edited. If one is busy, or perhaps merely exasperated by wading through pages of of pointless argument, the quick things to do are:

Remove the post(s).
Edit the text.
Ban the perpetrator.
Remove the topic.
Remove the Tea Shop.

You also complained that your posts were edited to remove a derogatory remark whereas the same remark from another member was allowed to remain. Your post was reported twice. We don't read everything, if something is reported we do read it and we do take action if necessary.

Adopting a belligerent stance towards mods or admins is not usually a successful methodology for being allowed any leeway with "The Rules" which are, inevitably, subject to a certain amount of interpretation and, sometimes, tolerance.
No pasaran
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

mikeymo wrote:Well, to avoid repeating the abuse and getting this post modded, I'll refer you to Kwackers post of 19 Feb 2021, 10:50pm.

Do you think that's acceptable? It seems to be acceptable to the moderators.

Or perhaps you think that my suggestion that he should avoid a career in criminal law is comparable?

We don't read everything. We cannot. If you have a problem with something, please report it.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Nearly there with the tax returns...

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 16.32.08.png

Jonathan
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Marcalia --- it's a curious order of choices for your "Is Trump Mad" survey.

1 yes
2 no
3 maybe
4 maybe not
5 don't know

Should it not be
1 YES ( as mad as a black bear who's just woke up, discovered dog poo in his cave, it's still January and forgot to put the bin out )
2 MAYBE ( wasn't sure about looking at the eclipse without sun glasses bit. )
3 DON'T KNOW ( can't make up my mind there's been so many great presidents of America -- too much choice )
4 MAYBE NOT ( after all his wife is hot )
5 NO ( definitely not he's a bleach drinking, super hero who's favorite pastime is giving women a much anticipated thrill by grabbing them by a particularly sensitive part of their anatomy and saved America from the Mexicans. )
I am here. Where are you?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Declassified by Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines
Date: March 16, 2021

"Foreign Threats to the 2020 U.S. Federal Elections"

Pursuant to the Intelligence Authorization Act, Section 5304(c)(3), the Office of the Director of National Intelligence today released the declassified Intelligence Community assessment of foreign threats to the 2020 U.S. federal elections.

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 21.46.13.png

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/document ... 6MAR21.pdf

Jonathan
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I bet Trump is mad [angry] today, Biden has announced that he plans to run/stand for re-election in 2024 :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I bet Trump is mad [angry] today, Biden has announced that he plans to run/stand for re-election in 2024 :wink:

Hopping mad, I'd say.

This might sound ageist, but I can only think that being President requires a bit of vigour. Or it should. Obama was clearly a fit, healthy, relatively young man. By 2024 Trump and Biden will be, what, 78 and 84?

The idea of Donald Trump and Joe Biden squaring up in 2024 doesn't sound too appealing. Like a sort of geriatric rematch of Ali-Frazier in Manila (a fight which still saddens me to watch).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mikeymo wrote:By 2024 Trump and Biden will be, what, 78 and 84?
82, actually. People are living longer and staying physically and mentally capable longer, despite the pandemic. So I'm not descending into ageism. My main concern (if I'm still around in '24) is that, next time around, populism doesn't get the better of statesmanship/stateswomanship.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Whether Biden does or does not intend to run it was an inevitable political announcement to ensure that he's not put into a box marked 'Single Term President'
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Bonefishblues wrote:Whether Biden does or does not intend to run it was an inevitable political announcement to ensure that he's not put into a box marked 'Single Term President'

Might he have said that he had not yet started to think about the next presidential election yet? He is surely too busy trying to undo the deeds of his predecessor.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Whether Biden does or does not intend to run it was an inevitable political announcement to ensure that he's not put into a box marked 'Single Term President'

Might he have said that he had not yet started to think about the next presidential election yet? He is surely too busy trying to undo the deeds of his predecessor.

He could have, yes.

He didn't, for the reason above.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"Oversight Board Upholds Facebook’s Decision to Suspend Donald Trump’s Accounts"
https://about.fb.com/news/2021/05/faceb ... ion-trump/

Jonathan
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Jdsk wrote: 5 May 2021, 4:57pm "Oversight Board Upholds Facebook’s Decision to Suspend Donald Trump’s Accounts"
https://about.fb.com/news/2021/05/faceb ... ion-trump/

Jonathan
My understanding is rather that they bounced the decision back to Facebook and there is not such thing as "Indefinite Suspension" in their rules i.e. what they did to Trump is outside their rules. So Facebook either have to change their rules or apply a punishment within their rules (like a ban). In effect Facebook just made it rules as they went and applied them to Trump.

Ian
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Couldn't they just 'suspend' him for 50 years?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).