Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Cyril Haearn

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Psamathe wrote:And the release of 3 prisoners from N Korea has caused further revalations
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/05/10/i-thought-they-would-be-white-sighs-trump/ wrote:I thought they would be white, sighs Trump

Donald Trump has spoken today of his extreme dissatisfaction at travelling all the way to Korea to meet American hostages – who were not even white.

“The CIA told me that there was an opportunity for Americans to be freed,” said the POTUS. “Americans they said. Americans I wanted. Korean looking folk I got. I didn’t fly all the way to this shithole country for them to just free some of their own people and pretend they are some of ours.”

“Heck, I could have accepted Orientals if they’d have been women. But men? I mean, I don’t want a rub n tug off some Gaysian, that’s more the Vice President’s bag.”

Ian

Maybe this satire should be more clearly marked as such :wink:
The real world and the truth are fantastic enough for me

Alternative facts welcome
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Tangled Metal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:Blair and his lapdog impression wasn't much better. I suspect even Major was better than our current crop of political leaders on both sides.

But we were debating the present crop of millionaire idiots weren't we?

Looking back isn't banned you know, especially since the poster that triggered my reply referred to May and Cameron. I naturally assumed that meant we were looking at historical idiots too. Hence my reference to lapdog Bliar.

I was trying to remain on topic.
That said I've no truck with Blair
Last edited by reohn2 on 11 May 2018, 7:34am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Absolutely raving and bonkers:

He has banned Irn-Bru from his Scottish Hotel
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Tangled Metal wrote:More the vice president's bag? He's religious right. Trump is church of trump. More likely trump would be into a rub and tug but probably with himself. I doubt Pence would touch a Gaysian with a bargepole. He'd go straight to hellfire and damnation it he did.

BTW I can't believe he said that somehow, is it a joke?

Allegedly to a certain young lady, who didn't have a fling with Trump......

Trump likes being spanked with a magazine with his own face on the cover- that is scary enough for me
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cunobelin wrote:Absolutely raving and bonkers:

I thought it'd be Tango he'd ban first for fear of mistaken identity
W H Auden
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Maybe this satire should be more clearly marked as such :wink:

Rochdale Herald is enough marking for me ;)
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Psamathe wrote:And the release of 3 prisoners from N Korea has caused further revalations
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/05/10/i-thought-they-would-be-white-sighs-trump/ wrote:I thought they would be white, sighs Trump

Donald Trump has spoken today of his extreme dissatisfaction at travelling all the way to Korea to meet American hostages – who were not even white.

“The CIA told me that there was an opportunity for Americans to be freed,” said the POTUS. “Americans they said. Americans I wanted. Korean looking folk I got. I didn’t fly all the way to this shithole country for them to just free some of their own people and pretend they are some of ours.”

“Heck, I could have accepted Orientals if they’d have been women. But men? I mean, I don’t want a rub n tug off some Gaysian, that’s more the Vice President’s bag.”

Ian

I think that anybody considers the above Trump "quotes" as being (possibly) credible speaks volumes about the low standards the world has come to expect from Trump.

Had the "article" been "Obama said 'Heck, I could have accepted Orientals if they’d have been women. But men? I mean, I don’t want a rub n tug off some Gaysian, that’s more the Vice President’s bag.'" it would have been unquestionably so daft as to have no even been amusing. But put the "Trump said" before it and it brings it within the realms of possibility - which to me illustrates the challenges facing the world in dealing with this <rude word removed>

Ian
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Psamathe wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:

Ian

I think that anybody considers the above Trump "quotes" as being (possibly) credible speaks volumes about the low standards the world has come to expect from Trump.

Had the "article" been "Obama said 'Heck, I could have accepted Orientals if they’d have been women. But men? I mean, I don’t want a rub n tug off some Gaysian, that’s more the Vice President’s bag.'" it would have been unquestionably so daft as to have no even been amusing. But put the "Trump said" before it and it brings it within the realms of possibility - which to me illustrates the challenges facing the world in dealing with this <rude word removed>

Ian

Interesting example of Poe's Law.

Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, a so obviously exaggerated parody of extreme views can be created that it can be mistaken by some readers or viewers for a sincere expression of the parodied views.[1][2][3]

The original statement of the adage, by Nathan Poe, was:[1]

Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:I think that anybody considers the above Trump "quotes" as being (possibly) credible speaks volumes about the low standards the world has come to expect from Trump.......

Ian

Well there is that way of looking at it and yer not wrong.
As far as politrickians go could the barrel be scraped anymore than it is already?
The was a young woman on the QT panel last night claiming Trump was due the Nobel peace prize,so he has his followers this side of the pond too it seems :shock:
W H Auden
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Maybe this satire should be more clearly marked as such :wink:

Well the above is an alternative fact - because Trump had nothing to do with banning Irn-Bru, it's the hotel management which is, likely as not, mainly comprised of Scots.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Mike Sales wrote:Wasn't it incredible that Boris flew to the USA but did not get to see Trump.
He had to appear on Fox and Friends to get the President's attention. The programme, which Orange Don watches, is described as entertainment rather than news.

Even Trump isn't so barmy he'd welcome Johnson's company.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

reohn2 wrote:

William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die.
Run, and you'll live... at least a while.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR IRN BRU!
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

pete75 wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:Wasn't it incredible that Boris flew to the USA but did not get to see Trump.
He had to appear on Fox and Friends to get the President's attention. The programme, which Orange Don watches, is described as entertainment rather than news.

Yet Farage was allowed in a few times! Boris or Farage I'd rather the blonde moptop to$$er over the UKIPer on chief (until it showed signs of imploding when he left it as quick as possible for America).
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Tangled Metal wrote:
pete75 wrote:

Yet Farage was allowed in a few times! Boris or Farage I'd rather the blonde moptop to$$er over the UKIPer on chief (until it showed signs of imploding when he left it as quick as possible for America).

Now you mention it I do remember that grisly photo of Trump and Farage in front of the gilt lift doors.
And didn't Farage propose himself as liaison between the stubby fingered vulgarian and the UK? At least we have been spared that.
I see that Farage is pushing Trump for the Nobel prize.
When Kissinger got the prize it was said to be the death of satire.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cunobelin wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die.
Run, and you'll live... at least a while.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR IRN BRU!

I wouldn't dare :shock:
I and I don't think any orange hued Tang(o) Is man enough either! :wink:
W H Auden