Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
55%
no
33%
maybe
6%
maybe not
4%
dont know
1%

Total votes: 78

Psamathe

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Psamathe » 26 Aug 2019, 10:44am

I must admit to being shocked by the latest report
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-nuclear-weapons-hurricanes-weather-bombs-noaa-government-a9078896.html wrote:Trump idea to fire nuclear weapons at hurricanes dismissed by own government: 'Needless to say this is not a good idea'

'I got it. I got it. Why don’t we nuke them?' US president reportedly said of tropical storms
Donald Trump’s idea to fire nuclear weapons into hurricanes to prevent them hitting the US has been dismissed by his own government as “not a good idea”.

The president is said to have raised the idea of bombing tropical storms on numerous occasions with national security officials since 2017, Axios reported.

Me thinks he's been watching too many direct to DVD movies .....

Ian

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 26 Aug 2019, 10:58am

Psamathe wrote:I must admit to being shocked by the latest report
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-nuclear-weapons-hurricanes-weather-bombs-noaa-government-a9078896.html wrote:Trump idea to fire nuclear weapons at hurricanes dismissed by own government: 'Needless to say this is not a good idea'

'I got it. I got it. Why don’t we nuke them?' US president reportedly said of tropical storms
Donald Trump’s idea to fire nuclear weapons into hurricanes to prevent them hitting the US has been dismissed by his own government as “not a good idea”.

The president is said to have raised the idea of bombing tropical storms on numerous occasions with national security officials since 2017, Axios reported.

Ian

Could he perhaps be parachuted into the eye? No particular reason, just wishful thinking.

661-Pete

Postby 661-Pete » 26 Aug 2019, 12:12pm

Ian
Actually, it's an excellent idea. Load up all the airflow of the hurricane with tons of highly radioactive fallout - which will then descend to earth exactly wherever the hurricane makes landfall. Which will of course be one of the Southern states: Loisiana, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida. States all full of African-Americans, who are probably not Trumpf supporters.

That's 2020 sorted! :twisted: :evil:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

Cunobelin

Postby Cunobelin » 26 Aug 2019, 12:33pm

Bonefishblues wrote:

Ian

Could he perhaps be parachuted into the eye? No particular reason, just wishful thinking.

In the most basic terms, Hurricanes are fuelled by hot air.... Trump is a massive source of hot air.

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 26 Aug 2019, 12:47pm

Cunobelin wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:

Ian

In the most basic terms, Hurricanes are fuelled by hot air.... Trump is a massive source of hot air.

His negative hot air might counteract the positive hot air of Brer Hurricane, perhaps?

Cunobelin

Postby Cunobelin » 26 Aug 2019, 12:56pm

Bonefishblues wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Could he perhaps be parachuted into the eye? No particular reason, just wishful thinking.

His negative hot air might counteract the positive hot air of Brer Hurricane, perhaps?

How long before we get "News" and "Anti-News"

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 26 Aug 2019, 12:58pm

Cunobelin wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:

How long before we get "News" and "Anti-News"

Isn't it there already :(

Mike Sales

Postby Mike Sales » 26 Aug 2019, 1:15pm

Bonefishblues wrote:Could he perhaps be parachuted into the eye? No particular reason, just wishful thinking.

He would refuse: it would mess up his hair. Isn't he very wary of exposing his coiffeur to winds?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/07/donald-trump-hair-wind

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 26 Aug 2019, 1:28pm

It's the top of AF1's steps shots that are so enjoyable.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 26 Aug 2019, 1:37pm

Mike Sales wrote:

He would refuse: it would mess up his hair. Isn't he very wary of exposing his coiffeur to winds?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/07/donald-trump-hair-wind

The photo in the link only shows what's going on,on the outside of his bonce,heaven only knows what's happening on the inside :shock: :roll: :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 27 Aug 2019, 10:18am

Not an amazing lie but things are getting bad when the White House is having to deny Trump's claims
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-live-tweets-today-iran-sanctions-melania-north-korea-a9079976.html wrote:The White House has been forced to deny Donald Trump’s claim that the first lady, Melania Trump, held a secret meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.

Meanwhile the internet is wondering about Melania's relationship with Justin Trudeau (I wonder why)

Ian

661-Pete

Postby 661-Pete » 27 Aug 2019, 11:31am

Psamathe wrote:Meanwhile the internet is wondering about Melania's relationship with Justin Trudeau (I wonder why)
A quick look-up in Wiki: Melania is 49 and Justin is 47. That's a lot closer than either of them is to Drumpf (in his 70s)! I'm no expert on 'hunkiness' I'm afraid, but if you want an uninformed opinion.... :roll: ...wow!!!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 27 Aug 2019, 11:45am

As well as being cuckoo, it looks awfully like Trump is a cuckold.
John

Cycling and recycling

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 30 Aug 2019, 6:20pm

More total fabrication from Agent Orange, his excuse (after the White House admitted the fabrication) was that he was trying to manipulate the markets.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-china-phone-call-lie-fact-check-g7-summit-trade-war-a9085786.html wrote:Trump made up phone call with China at G7 summit, White House aides admit

The mystery behind a confusing phone call Donald Trump claims he had with “China” has been revealed: the president simply made it up to try to boost the market.
Now, two officials have told CNN that Mr Trump “was eager to project optimism that might boost markets, and conflated comments from China’s vice premier with direct communication from the Chinese”.

These days politicians seem to hold the electorate in complete contempt, regard them as stupid and prepared to believe any lies just because the person doing the lying holds high office. Johnson seems to be doing the same, spouting complete lies expecting everybody will believe him because he's so important now.

Ian

Mike Sales

Postby Mike Sales » 30 Aug 2019, 6:30pm

I think that Trump (and other populists) expect to be believed by their supporters because they tell the lies that their supporters want to hear.
When he says "send them home" about female politicians who were born in the USA it does not matter that the women are as American as he is and he knows it. What he saying, is that these people are not white and so have no right to express any opinion in the USA. And that is what his supporters hear.