Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
59%
no
28%
maybe
7%
maybe not
2%
dont know
4%

Total votes: 108

Cyril Haearn

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Cyril Haearn » 21 Aug 2020, 5:49pm

'LOVE my country? No, I love my wife!', said a wise politician
Last edited by Cyril Haearn on 22 Aug 2020, 5:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Entertainer, intellectual, idealist, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 21 Aug 2020, 6:03pm

I think it was Eric Blair who when asked if he would be loyal to his country or his friends responded "My friends". I agree.
John

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 21 Aug 2020, 6:08pm

If that was the other way round, about whom to betray, it was E M Forster:

“If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.”

Jonathan

windmiller

Postby windmiller » 22 Aug 2020, 1:31am

col2019 wrote:he needs a bullet before he starts a war,god help every one if he gets the white house in November
stark raving mad

Advocating the murder of a democratically elected leader of the UK's greatest ally, only illustrates the low grade dubious righteous indignation that the opposition to Trump has spawned.

pete75

Postby pete75 » 22 Aug 2020, 8:11am

windmiller wrote:
col2019 wrote:he needs a bullet before he starts a war,god help every one if he gets the white house in November
stark raving mad

Advocating the murder of a democratically elected leader of the UK's greatest ally, only illustrates the low grade dubious righteous indignation that the opposition to Trump has spawned.

It speaks volumes Trump's character, policies, opinions that he has created those reactions in others.

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 22 Aug 2020, 8:15am

Jdsk wrote:If that was the other way round, about whom to betray, it was E M Forster:

“If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.”

Jonathan

Thanks. I was unable to look it up at the time.
John

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 24 Sep 2020, 12:39pm

US President Donald Trump has refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses November's election.....If Mr Trump were to refuse to accept the result of the election, it would take the US into unchartered territory and it is not clear how it would play out.

However President Trump's opponent, Democrat Joe Biden, has previously said that in this scenario he believes the military would be deployed to remove Mr Trump from the White House.

Now that would be a sight :shock: Would go down as the Shoot-out at the O.K-Whitehouse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54274115
Last edited by mercalia on 24 Sep 2020, 2:31pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » 24 Sep 2020, 1:27pm

Don't they use marines to guard us buildings of importance? Would they just point their guns inwards to drag him out?

Trump has made it a key part if his political ideology to divide America into totally polarised positions. It's his strategy to be supported by loons and in the process turn opponents into loons too. Advocating the death of an incumbent president isn't a new thing but I think it's new that even mainstream political views opposing Trump feel desperate enough to advocate that in jest or without seriousness.

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 29 Sep 2020, 7:06am

All in the same day. Trump says accusations he doesn't pay tax are false and fake news. And he says he is smart for not paying tax.
John

merseymouth

Postby merseymouth » 29 Sep 2020, 8:13am

Hi, I think that Lady Caroline Lamb's statement after her first meeting with Lord Byron - "Mad, Bad and dangerous to know", fits the situation of Trump!
Madness isn't the real problem, it how they function in the grip of such a mania, I think Trump gives lunatics a bad name. MM

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 29 Sep 2020, 8:28am

Ding-ding, round one - 9pm Eastern Time (or 2pm for us Brits). All the polls bar a tiny handful, put clear space between Biden and The Mad Fat Orange One, however he is so mad, he will try anything to stay in the White House - thank the Good Lord for a free press... the weird thing is that not paying taxes is a very American thing. A significant %age of voters will simply shrug and think, "That's my boy!".
ttfn, Simon in Easton
(currently enjoying a Moulton TSR & a nano Brompton...)

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 29 Sep 2020, 1:37pm

Tax or no tax, it does appear that Trump is what many of us have thought for a long time: a fraud. He is no great dealer, a poor businessman and not a billionaire. It's a house of cards and his creditors could and hopefully will call in the loans sooner rather than later. The emperer has no clothes.

Às someone who would rarely wish prison on anyone I would make an exception here.
John

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 29 Sep 2020, 1:46pm

What still puzzles me is why so many Americans buy into the bloke... the question is equally applicable to our very own blonde-haired bloater, although to give him his due, he is slightly less over-weight than he used to be!
ttfn, Simon in Easton
(currently enjoying a Moulton TSR & a nano Brompton...)

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 30 Sep 2020, 11:56am

R.I.P The United States of Old Men ( if only )

There are videos of their "interchange" and it is quite shocking. We complain about our lot, well.....

Can you vote "none of the above"?

If I was a yank I would be very ashamed of what passes for potential leaders & very depressed at the Amercian Way. You dont need Spitting Image ( that puppet show) remember the sketches with those 2 old men?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54351252

since Trump wouldnt denounce the white supremicists what is the chance of armed insurrection if Trump loses the election?

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 2 Oct 2020, 6:11am

So Trump now has a disease which doesn't exist.
John